Match Thread: Villa v Rotherham

limpid

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Looks like a practice game at the moment.

Agreed, it also makes it obvious we have way too much quality to be doing anything but winning this match.

The other problem is, we also seem to be playing tougher matches at practice match tempo recently which is why we haven't won them.

The goal sums up exactly why (for me) two central forwards are so important.  One gets the ball and attracts the attentions of the centre back(s) - giving the other a split second to find some space, a bit less attention and hey presto...goal.  Hopefully Bruce will see the light.  These two could rip apart this league given the right service - easily 40-50 goals between them.

i'm happy that we are winning, of course i am, and we've missed a few chances but i'm not impressed by it.

It all seems to be laboured and no real cohesion. As some have said it's like a pre season game. We should be battering this lot as they are/look a poor team.

You'd have thought we'd have gone for it after the goal but it's all been very timid apart from a few moments from kodija and grealish.

The radio yorkshire chaps rate their players fitness and think the longer it goes on the more they'll be a threat. 2 goal cushion might be nice, we've looked alright though. Better than I thought so far.

Win this and we're in the pack to hunt those top spots - so just goes to show how it's very early days. That said, I'm finding it difficult to muster any enthusiasm these days. Think this is what the championship/Bruce ultimately does to you.