Match Thread: Villa v Rotherham

limpid

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Really? I thought he has been one of the best players on the pitch. I think grealish has been very poor

El Ghazi has gotten a couple good crosses in, and I don't think he is doing poorly, but he seems confused on what to be doing.

I am so used to seeing Elmo and Snodgrass overlap on that side, but Elmo looks at El Ghazi and then passes it to Hourihane who switches it to Grealish. 

Hourihane and McGinn have obviously been instructed to sit really deep. We're winning the ball back and playing it wide immediately on both channels.

The result is that there's a whole area of unused grass between Hourihane/McGinn and our two strikers. We're still playing 6 defensive and 4 attacking players as we were last week ,even though we are using a different 'system'.

Let's vary our tactics and use the virgin grass as well please gentlemen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, sign me up for that.  He's not getting too excited is he?

I was commenting as the atmosphere in VP is even worse.  Can't think I've heard a song yet.

He really isnt!

It does seem a bit flat in there but I have heard some songs. I wonder if they only have one microphone with the camera, rather than all round the ground for "proper" coverage. 

I don't think it is a great atmosphere, but the audio isn't helping.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Really? I thought he has been one of the best players on the pitch. I think grealish has been very poor

Same here, El Ghazi looks like a threat every time he gets the ball, runs at their defence, makes some irrational dribbles and puts some good crosses in. He has lost the ball a couple of times and makes some strange decisions at times, but looks like he can make things happen and has created a lot. Plays a bit like Zlatan the way he moves and dribbles.

Dull, uninspiring and more of the same really. Luckily, we are so superior in talent that we’re more or less in control anyway. Would like to see us grab a couple more, please.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Hourihane and McGinn have obviously been instructed to sit really deep. We're winning the ball back and playing it wide immediately on both channels.

The result is that there's a whole area of unused grass between Hourihane/McGinn and our two strikers. We're still playing 6 defensive and 4 attacking players as we were last week ,even though we are using a different 'system'.

spot on here but come on, you are expecting far too much as it's really not going to happen under SB is it now?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You saying you want one in the hole?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

Dull, uninspiring and more of the same really. Luckily, we are so superior in talent that we’re more or less in control anyway. Would like to see us grab a couple more, please.

giphy.gif

Rotherham are lucky not to be down 3. Kodjia missed a sitter, and we've been inches away from getting on the end of numerous chances. 

This is the most exciting Villa match since Bristol last season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

It's not really been exciting because the pace is so slow and there's only one team in the game. If we had a proper manager we'd be smashing this lot for four or five.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

giphy.gif

Rotherham are lucky not to be down 3. Kodjia missed a sitter, and we've been inches away from getting on the end of numerous chances. 

Nah, not seeing it. We keep pinging it out wide, looking to cross. We need to be far more creative. We’ve scored a lovely goal through the middle, need more of that. Oh, and the tempo is mind numbingly slow at times.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 3