Match Thread: Villa v Rotherham

limpid

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

Nah, not seeing it. We keep pinging it out wide, looking to cross. We need to be far more creative. We’ve scored a lovely goal through the middle, need more of that. Oh, and the tempo is mind numbingly slow at times.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I should say our formation doesn't really favor us attacking down the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I should say our formation doesn't really favor us attacking down the middle. 

Absolutely nothing about our formation prevents us from attacking from either wing or through the middle. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Edited by Michelsen

Just now, Michelsen said:

Absolutely nothing about our formation prevents us from attacking from either wing or through the middle. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Because we have no attacking mid, and McGinn and Hourihane are sitting deep as playmakers. That is pretty obvious from watching the match. 

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I just keep thinking to myself there must be so many good coaches out there whod love to get their hands on a squad like ours.

We've been the envy of every other club in this league since we arrived into it bar jorges mendes f.c. We've had the squad, the transfer budget and the wage bill to be league winners. However for a variety reasons, the main one being terrible managerial appointments, we've made a complete balls of it. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Because we have no attacking mid, and McGinn and Hourihane are sitting deep as playmakers. That is pretty obvious from watching the match. 

But we have two strikers, both comfortable on the ball, and wingers more than capable of cutting inside. And, McGinn and Hourihane  shouldn’t both be sitting deep anyway.