The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It will be exciting but it needs paying for 

It does indeed. 

For example, a full Villa Park for cup games with affordable pricing, accessible food and drink and high quality hospitality options would work wonders.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

If there's anything to take from how WE is owning and leading the Bucks, they've just taken on gigantic salary for the next few years with Damian Lillard in blockbuster. trade. Traded every draft pick away for the next seven years and gone absolutely all in on a Championship.

If he has the same mentality for Villa, it's going to be exciting.

If I had any idea what you'd written there I think I'd probably poop my pants with excitement. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

It does indeed. 

For example, a full Villa Park for cup games with affordable pricing, accessible food and drink and high quality hospitality options would work wonders.

image.jpeg.5495c6f319543bac6d2e87881d846015.jpeg

Heck on left 

Edited by Follyfoot

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Often I feel like clubs celebrating their owners is a little forced but in our case it's absolutely organic and justified. These two are Villa legends in my book.

I think it's when the owners are vocal it seems a bit forced as you end up with a cult of personality type vibe. These guys just get on with it queitly, so I have no problem heaping praise on them. 

I must admit I'm also pretty impressed how Edens seems to be able to step back and let Sawiris do a lot of the day to day. That must be pretty hard to do as such a successful individual. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I think about how losing the play-off final to Fulham in 2018, in hindsight, is genuinely one of the best things to happen to this club (and vice-versa winning it would have ended up being one of the worst!) because of these lot. If we won the playoffs there'd have been no NSWE, the Premier League money would be spent by Xia, and Bruce would be at the helm. Funny how football (and life) works.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

t7gGFO2.jpg 

Happy Birthday Wes. Keep up the good work and uncle Unai will get you another one of those! Is that your older brother with you? Sorry NAS, you can take the boy out of Birmingham but not the Brummy out of the boy! And it is his birthday so I can’t give him too much stick today. You’re both doing a fantastic job. A new trophy cabinet might be your next expense lads! 😀

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Make AV a corporate heaven and sell off for substantial profit? ;)

Fine by me if he's transformed us into champions of the universe. 

Just one half and half scarf is all I ask for. 

4 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think it's when the owners are vocal it seems a bit forced as you end up with a cult of personality type vibe. These guys just get on with it queitly, so I have no problem heaping praise on them. 

I must admit I'm also pretty impressed how Edens seems to be able to step back and let Sawiris do a lot of the day to day. That must be pretty hard to do as such a successful individual. 

You make an interesting observation.

Where ego's go.....these guys always seem to be  on the same page....and no ego required.

They really do amaze me, in more ways than one.

They let CP charter his ship, with the Steven Gerrard signing, but as soon as it was heading for the rocks....The decision to cull was incise and precise.....no fannying around, NS stepped in.

and despite him having a CEO....He just took the wheel and steered the club back in to calm waters.

I can't fail to recognise that as leadership....and his vision is to also recognise leadership in his next manager.

A great attribute of owners is to get good people on board.....our owners know that for sure.

We have special owners alright....to go with a special manager.

Edited by TRO

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s the big Premier League meeting today which has some major issues to be agreed on. 

Who attends for Villa?  Nas, Wes, Monchi or Heck?

Hopefully they have the sack to ask where Man City's 1000 point deduction is. 

• Haha 1

On 28/09/2023 at 07:17, Don_Simon said:

If there's anything to take from how WE is owning and leading the Bucks, they've just taken on gigantic salary for the next few years with Damian Lillard in blockbuster. trade. Traded every draft pick away for the next seven years and gone absolutely all in on a Championship.

If he has the same mentality for Villa, it's going to be exciting.

I know this is late. But they also already did it once with jrue. And then they've done it again

• Like 1

Stepping in and sacking Gerrard was a clear indication of their ruthless nature, actions spk far louder than words. Purslow made a mistake and paid, nice of NSWE to let him stay in the immediate aftermath of Gerrard going as well, showed class. We're in good hands that's for sure. 

Â