The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I’ll go! Because people are pussyfooting around it. 

So does this mean they hate us now and want to sell us and see us return to how we were back in the championship even though we are going to win the league this year? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So they’ve basically purchased a minority stake in V Sports for ??? £££ yet NSWE retain 100% of Aston Villa men’s & ladies teams … Brilliant deal with zero downsides then. 

My understanding is that they’ve bough a stake in V Sports, V Sports owns Villa.

NWSE own a stake in V sports also.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Investment. Ticket prices up another 20% then so they can make some money on their investment? 

or a new TV deal...

or just market inflation, we will be worth more in 5 years than we are now, should NSWE decide to sell us they must be close to making a profit already

seems like if these guys had invested in say brighton there'd be comments about brighton being able to outspend us but because its us it has to be a negative

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So they’ve basically purchased a minority stake in V Sports for ??? £££ yet NSWE retain 100% of Aston Villa men’s & ladies teams … Brilliant deal with zero downsides then. 

Not really no. V Sports own 100% of Aston Villa. If Atairos now own say, 10% of V Sports, they indirectly own 10% of everything V Sports own, including Villa.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, sne said:

So who is actually behind Atarios apart from what a quick Google brings up? No links to Saudi or any other colorful places I hope.

had a quick look and its a guy called michael angelakis, looks like a CFO doing very well for himself, google cant tell me his net worth though its all over the shop ranging from $750k to $2bn

they've got their fingers in a lot of pies, he's on the board of directors at 6 companies

edit - they also seem to have a lot of ties with comcast, who are NBC, who have the PL rights in the states dont they?

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

Not really no. V Sports own 100% of Aston Villa. If Atairos now own say, 10% of V Sports, they indirectly own 10% of everything V Sports own, including Villa.

thats how id see it too but then the management structure of villa wouldnt necessarily mean someone from atarios has a position on our board or any real influence, own us without managing us, another thing that we'll probably never know

nas is the largest stakeholder in adidas, he has next to nothing to do with managing them though

Edited by villa4europe

11 minutes ago, sne said:

So who is actually behind Atarios apart from what a quick Google brings up? No links to Saudi or any other colorful places I hope.

Sounds Greek?

But yeah I get what you mean.

I'm sure it will come up eventually anyway 

Little snidbit from previous murmurings though, I don't think Nassef was/is particularly fond of Saudi regime.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

had a quick look and its a guy called michael angelakis, looks like a CFO doing very well for himself, google cant tell me his net worth though its all over the shop ranging from $750k to $2bn

they've got their fingers in a lot of pies, he's on the board of directors at 6 companies

thats how id see it too but then the management structure of villa wouldnt necessarily mean someone from atarios has a position on our board or any real influence, own us without managing us, another thing that we'll probably never know

nas is the largest stakeholder in adidas, he has next to nothing to do with managing them though

I meant more who's investing in him.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

edit - they also seem to have a lot of ties with comcast, who are NBC, who have the PL rights in the states dont they?

Sawiris is a director of Adidas.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Investment Firm: Hey Aston Villa, we shall give you £x over the next 3 years, in return we would like % of profit from that investment. We can come to an arrangement that's beneficial to Aston Villa and to us.

Aston Villa Fans : those evil bastards. 

Tell me you've never been indirectly shafted by investment companies without telling me you've never been indirectly shafted by investment companies. 

When you follow the trail back, they've got their dirty paws on pretty much everything, and not for the better. And now they're involved in our club.

But hey, very modern of you to be cool with that.

32 minutes ago, Risso said:

Sawiris is a director of Adidas.

I'm not sure he is, he's definitely not on the executive board, he's on the supervisory board which is a German thing (called Mitbestimmungsgesetz) , also called a works council 

Their power is usually related to employee rights and almost like a in house union and usually elected by colleagues 

Often said he could get us an Adidas deal, my understanding of German companies is he could ask and he could influence a decision but he would have no say or vote on such a decision 

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Tell me you've never been indirectly shafted by investment companies without telling me you've never been indirectly shafted by investment companies. 

When you follow the trail back, they've got their dirty paws on pretty much everything, and not for the better. And now they're involved in our club.

Do you not think our owners are smart enough to decide who to do business with? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You got a mortgage? Ever bought anything on finance?

It's the same principle. You ask a company to give you some cash so you can buy something you want and you pay back over time.

It's as simple as that. 

And let's not pretend Aston Villa is some holy virtue to be kept clean of things as dirty as business. 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wes edens owns an investment firm... 

I still want Fortress Villa Park to be a thing for big dollars... Lol

Edit: Don't think he actually owns Fortress anymore but surely has the ties.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â