The NSWE Board

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the thing though we only know if they are successes when they have to step up and none of them are.

Its very concerning 

Honestly, why put yourself through it. 

Our best season in a decade. And you're very concerned. 

We will never be enough for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Honestly, why put yourself through it. 

Our best season in a decade. And you're very concerned. 

We will never be enough for you. 

So we cant be concerned when our teams playing crap?

Lets pretend everything is great

Traore had a stormer today.  Man i hope our set pieces can keep failing to beat first man 👍

I saw a table recently of how much Man City have spent on their DEFENCE under Guardiola.

Over £500 million on defenders alone.

We are miles away from that, years away from laying a glove on the 'top four'. It's pure fantasy for us to aspire even.

With Grealish fit all season maybe a 'top seven' at very best.

We need to sign another striker like Abraham so next season we have rotation of Watkins, Wesley and Abraham.

McGinn needs to go and we must sign someone like Ward-Prowse.

We also need to upgrade Trezeguet.

That's over our budget for the summer on those three players, I think?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 22:16, Sulberto21 said:

I get the impression that the owners wanna stick a finger up at the ffp nonsense. This is just by what Wes Edens has done in the NFL with that contract.

Ideally, I would like to see NasWes pump in another £100m-£150m again this summer on strengthening the squad.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ideally, I would like to see NasWes pump in another £100m-£150m again this summer on strengthening the squad.

Wouldn’t we all!

Previous history tells us they will but we never know what NSWE have planned 

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Wouldn’t we all!

Previous history tells us they will but we never know what NSWE have planned 

Not sure about all of us, but I think it is needed.

I agree though that they do put their money where their mouth is.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure about all of us, but I think it is needed.

I agree though that they do put their money where their mouth is.

I haven't heard anything from their mouth, they just keep putting their money.....

If you are reading this NSWE just PM me and let me know everything that is going on, I will keep it a secret :D

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I haven't heard anything from their mouth, they just keep putting their money.....

If you are reading this NSWE just PM me and let me know everything that is going on, I will keep it a secret :D

That must be some good weed you're smoking there lad.   <_<

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully they can find the cash to make a real top quality signing this summer. We need another player who's near Jack's level. Otherwise we will just be like Palace who depend on Zaha.

This is why people realise finishing as high as possible is so important.  Finishing top 10 shows other players and jack that we have made accelerated progress year on year and are on the fringes of top 8/top 6. Also gives us more edge in terms of ffp. Difference between finishing 9th and 12th may not seem huge, but to potential targets it could be massive

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This is why people realise finishing as high as possible is so important.  Finishing top 10 shows other players and jack that we have made accelerated progress year on year and are on the fringes of top 8/top 6. Also gives us more edge in terms of ffp. Difference between finishing 9th and 12th may not seem huge, but to potential targets it could be massive

We finished 17th and attracted Watkins, Martinez and Barkley. Calm down. 

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We signed Barkley in the summer, Leeds got Koch, Llorente and Raphinha, Fulham got Lookman

maybe players dont really view league position when signing for a club

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We finished 17th and attracted Watkins, Martinez and Barkley. Calm down. 

Totally calm thanks. Martinez and barkley came to us for the promise of first team footballer. Watkins made the step up from the championship. If we want to make more steps up the ladder we will need better players brought in every window. Better players move to clubs who are higher placed and offr the most money. Hence why finishing higher in the table is important. 

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Totally calm thanks. Martinez and barkley came to us for the promise of first team footballer. Watkins made the step up from the championship. If we want to make more steps up the ladder we will need better players brought in every window. Better players move to clubs who are higher placed and offr the most money. Hence why finishing higher in the table is important. 

Sheff United finished higher than us and they wanted Cash. Where did he end up? 

Spurs were very interested in Watkins. Who was prepared to pay the massive transfer fee?

You don't think Martinez and Barkley could have got first team games at any other team that finished above us last season?

Players come for ambition and money. We have both. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sheff United finished higher than us and they wanted Cash. Where did he end up? 

Spurs were very interested in Watkins. Who was prepared to pay the massive transfer fee?

You don't think Martinez and Barkley could have got first team games at any other team that finished above us last season?

Players come for ambition and money. We have both. 

Yes, all players we acquired this summer. Like i've said, each window we will need to take an incremental step up in quality, which will be helped by the highest league position possible. Are you ok pal?

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Yes, all players we acquired this summer. Like i've said, each window we will need to take an incremental step up in quality, which will be helped by the highest league position possible. Are you ok pal?

Yeah I'm great. 

It might help slightly but I seriously doubt it will impact it. 

We convinced Jack to sign a new contract after surviving by a point. 

To be honest, I think this is just a new thing for people to justify why they're moaning. They know they'll be laughed at for complaining about being 10th, so they have to invent doomsday scenarios to point to when they have a moan. 

Sheffield United finished high last season, did that help them bring in quality players? 

Burnley finished 10th, what quality players could they attract? 

Everton finished 12th and signed bloody James Rodriguez. 

You're getting worked up over nothing. 

On 22/03/2021 at 18:27, limpid said:

This is a thread for discussing the board. Not for talking about signings or last night's match.

Please don't make us start warning people.

Â