Christian Purslow

villan-scott

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's clear that some really will never forgive him for this

it's worked out alright in the end...let it go people

I dont think I can ever forgive him for it, I have tried but its not easy to get over it by staining the club by hiring that scumbag mate of his

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

What exactly has Purslow done that is so egregious?

Appoint his mate to the most crucial role at the club and make us a relegation candidate.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:22, sidcow said:

exhausted-tiresome.gif

Oh, fancy seeing you here. Interesting.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Appoint his mate to the most crucial role at the club and make us a relegation candidate.

Oh, fancy seeing you here. Interesting.

Has it really been proven to be nepotism? Still not sold on that theory myself. I think it was a chance he took that backfired, but considering he hasn't been fired for it I'm not sure the owners think he's all that bad.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bring back Wyness and his Alexa.

Or Tom Fox and his false narratives.

Those where the days.

53 minutes ago, wict01 said:

I went back and re-watched that Tom Fox interview out of morbid curiosity. Christ alive, we are worlds away from that now!

Lest we forget. 

Yeah Purslow is a  charlatan who should be hounded out of the club alright. 

It's interesting that Alemany was described as CEO at Valencia (although it was a madhouse).

We talk about Alemany's impact on Lange's role, but I think there will also be an impact on Purslow's role - I wonder if Alemany will now take charge of negotiations with agents on deals for players, allowing Purslow to focus on other fights (or shifting him further from having a hand in the football depending on your perspective).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting that Alemany was described as CEO at Valencia (although it was a madhouse).

We talk about Alemany's impact on Lange's role, but I think there will also be an impact on Purslow's role - I wonder if Alemany will now take charge of negotiations with agents on deals for players, allowing Purslow to focus on other fights (or shifting him further from having a hand in the football depending on your perspective).

I’ve never been a fan of Purslow but do think he can help drive us forward away from the day to day footballing side of the business. Let the gaffer and Alermany run this side of the business. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Purslow- is he shit or any good is one of the longest running debates on VillaTalk, along with the Ashley Westwood conundrum, Milot, and gravy with fish.

File it in the same folder as " McPhee needs to get out of our club, we are shite at set pieces " when things aren't going right or " Lange is an absolute waste of space " when a couple of players have a rough patch.

When things are going well those threads usually go quiet.

Truth is, for the most part, people have no idea what they are doing.

Purslow, McPhee and Lange have outlasted players and Managers.

More importantly, the owners obviously like and trust them with their Billion Pound business, and I trust the owners.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

No one knows jack shit about how Gerrard came to be here

Oh come on, if you don't think Purslow had a major say and convincing of hiring of Slippy G then you're in denial.

He is/was constantly waxing lyrical of Gerrard. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Purslow (who hasn't been sacked by the owners)

He might not be sacked, but since his pal was booted out last November, Purslow has definately been in the shadows more now than he was before.

51 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

He's clearly doing a decent job - Nassef in particular doesn't suffer fools (and I doubt Edens would be far behind). Under his watch, we've got promoted, survived, and

.. seen us tether around the relegation plug hole in November.

Everyone had been calling for Slippy to be sacked for some time, weeks before it actually happened. Purslows reluctance to fire his friend seen Nassif having to step in and boot him out the door himself.

Since then, we've hardly seen and heard of Purslow until last week's soundbite on Sky News.

As someone as rightly stated further up the thread, taking him away from the football side of things might not be a bad idea, leaving the major footballing descisions to those who are better at it.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that a triumvirate of Alemany, Purslow and Emery is a pretty formidible group to be running any football club.  It will be interesting to see whether the lines of responsibility are clear - but I think the important thing is that NSWE don't "interfere" and micro-manage - they've appointed an elite team management here.  Much easier to believe in the "on field" vision when the guys in charge have such impressive credentials.  It isn't going to be instant but the future is looking really positive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He might not be sacked, but since his pal was booted out last November, Purslow has definately been in the shadows more now than he was before.

Since then, we've hardly seen and heard of Purslow until last week's soundbite on Sky News.

people talk as if he was giving pre and post match interviews for every game before and we saw his face everywhere we looked. from what i can see he's been in the public eye just as much as he was before. he was front and centre of emery's unveiling, interviewed by BT prior to arsenal at home, interviewed on field by bbc at the womens FA cup semi final, inner city academy site visit + interviews, took william and george on a tour of VP on their recent visit, had a meeting with william and carla ward, FCG meeting in march, plus the sky interview that you mentioned.

those are just a few. google his name...you'll find a load of interviews and quotes from him in the months since gerrard has left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's guaranteed that he will take place of Purslow or at least the lead in negotiations with clubs and Agents. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allani said:

So Nassif had no part in hiring him but was 100% responsible for sacking him?  If he has the power to do the latter then he has to also take some responsibility for the former. 

He would have trusted Purslow and the rest of the collective if you will, given that is/was one of Purslows roles, to hire the right man for the job.

He also would have trusted Purslow and the collective to fire the guy when it became evident that he wasn't the right man for the job.

The latter didn't happen when it should have long before it did. Nassif made the descision to sack Slippy - something that Purslow and Co. should have done many weeks before but failed to do so.

Why wasn't Purslow and Co. anywhere near the appointment of Emery?..

Let's not also forget, Purslow changed the rules he had set to only hire young promising talent, to then go against that and break his own rules to sign Coutinho on a stupid contract.

Would he (Purslow) have changed the transfer structure for any other head coach? Highly unlikely in my book.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yet same squad of players...

I (and I am sure for nearly all of us) am glad Nassif stepped in when he did, because the guy should have gone long before he did.

hassenhutl, tuchel, marsch. 3 examples from this season alone where sacking the manager very much seems to have been the incorrect decision. gerrard had to go, of which we are all in agreement. but i'm personally glad that we don't make such decisions until absolutely necessary. emery will have a bad run at some point...i'm pleased our board the type to pull the trigger too quickly

people talk like purslow was on his hands and knees begging nassif not to sack gerrard. purslow has been since quoted that it was a decision that had to be made and i'm 100% positive he was on board with it

• Like 2

Â