Christian Purslow

villan-scott

53 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Footballing decisions was always my main gripe with Purslow.

If Nassef is now taking over and Purslow sticks to administrative stuf I have no issues with the guy.

ditto

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Footballing decisions was always my main gripe with Purslow.

If Nassef is now taking over and Purslow sticks to administrative stuf I have no issues with the guy.

How do you know what % input he had in previous footballing decisions? 

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He doesn't, but that doesn't get in the way of a good old-fashioned grip, now does it? 

Purslow's mistake IMO, which I hope and believed he has learned from, was sacking Smith to bring in Gerrard. It was a pretty big **** up but I think he's done well otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Pretty obvious Gerrard was his decision.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Pretty obvious Gerrard was his decision.

You've not cottoned on yet have you?

When things go tits up, it's a collective decision - When things are all wonderful it's hats off to Purslow.

Its been displayed numerous times across various threads.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

When things go tits up, it's a collective decision - When things are all wonderful it's hats off to Purslow.

Where has this been displayed?

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where's Nicola Keye when you need her   ;)

poor woman...i dread to think of what her inbox looked like because of that bloody general!

• Haha 1

You could even make a case that Grealish money has been invested well. 

Buendia? A good player.

Ings? Scored important goals, and we sold him for a good fee.

Beiley? One I'm least impressed by, but the winger market is tricky. He has the right pedigree, just didn't work out as well as we hoped in the hardest league in the world. 

That's 2/3 for me.

Now, I'm not gonna make that case, but it's one that could be defended.

Gerrard was the biggest mistake. In hindsight. He seemed like a promising young manager. 

Of course he wasn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where's Nicola Keye when you need her   ;)

West Ham.

I guess at the moment CP is pretty busy trying to get together the various tenders and so on for the North stand work, and trying to see if the council will get the Witton station work done by whatever date. It's probably a good thing that these new folk are coming in, because his workload with the redevelopment is likely too much with all the other aspects of being CEO he has to do, too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

West Ham.

I guess at the moment CP is pretty busy trying to get together the various tenders and so on for the North stand work, and trying to see if the council will get the Witton station work done by whatever date. It's probably a good thing that these new folk are coming in, because his workload with the redevelopment is likely too much with all the other aspects of being CEO he has to do, too.

why did you have to say that...now anything that goes wrong with the north stand development will be blamed on purslow!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, villanmac said:

It would have obviously been a board decision that Gerrard was gone if we lost to Fulham.

The Sawiris losing his head thing was him just wanting it announced there and then rather than in the morning because he couldn't take another hour of him being in charge. He probably sends a text to Wes at the 70 min mark saying "**** tomorrow morning,  we are sacking the useless scouse basterd now" and Wes replys "yeah, ok Nas".

I don't think guys like Nass lose their heads......They have got where they have for keeping their head.

I think its was more about, he was as sure as sure can be, so why hang around...........Decision.

22 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Purslow is the same guy who hired Hodgson for Liverpool too.

History of making poor managerial decisions.

I will give him credit for Smith though. Fantastic manager.

But Pitarch and Lange, you have to say they are also rather bad appointments.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Purslow is the same guy who hired Hodgson for Liverpool too.

History of making poor managerial decisions.

I will give him credit for Smith though. Fantastic manager.

But Pitarch and Lange, you have to say they are also rather bad appointments.

Exactly, it’s not just Gerrard. CP has brought in some other questionable football people as well. As for Lange, we’ll see how much input he’ll be allowed to have going forward.

• Like 2

On 15/05/2023 at 02:29, TRO said:

ditto

Bit rich given that you were campaigning for SG to stay until the bitter end.

Even if Purslow did delay his sacking, you were in support of that decision at the time.

Â