Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, STO said:

Discuss what?  Was he at fault for either of the goals? 

Oh I'm sure plenty will state he absolutely was. 

When we do bad it's all down to Purslow. 

When we do well it's a wall of silence. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Ings fiasco is on him, no way Smith was aware Ings was coming. Supposed to be this shrewd businessman but overpaid for Ings and now sold him to a rival in a poor deal

So we overpaid for Ings by getting him for £25m but selling him for £15m is a poor deal.

Is he just a £20m player or something? :D

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Ings fiasco is on him, no way Smith was aware Ings was coming. Supposed to be this shrewd businessman but overpaid for Ings and now sold him to a rival in a poor deal

Will judge this statement properly at the end of the window. 

Ings won us 6 or 7 games with vital goals. We've made an accounting profit on him at age 30. He's hardly been a "fiasco". 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

It's interesting this, the idea that Purslow signed Ings not a manager, there might well be something in it, there might not, but it's a story we've written, not one that we've unearthed. I guess we'll know one day when Danny Ings writes his memoirs.

• Like 1

Given how prominent he was before Gerrard was sacked and how quiet he is now, I'm a little worried NSWE have him locked in a dungeon somewhere.

Has anyone seen Purslow lately? Wherefore art though, Christian? 

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Given how prominent he was before Gerrard was sacked and how quiet he is now, I'm a little worries NSWE have him locked in a dungeon somewhere.

Has anyone seen Purslow lately? Wherefore art though, Christian? 

Maybe he’s being held in Julie Bayley’s basement along with Dale Stephens, Jermaine Defoe etc…

• Like 1

Â