Christian Purslow

villan-scott

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if Purslow wasn't the main guy pushing for and championing Gerrard. 

Suso, after leaving the club, said Purslow wanted and was pushing for Gerrard, 12 months before it ended up happening. 

Of course he's not the sole man deciding it but I think it speaks volumes that Gerrard was sacked in the manner he was at the game our owner attended. And the personal picture of Nassef with Unai being released before the official first press conference. 

I don't think that's crazy Internet rumours. 

Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris are very successful business people.  They will be hard nosed and ruthless.  Absolutely no way do they let the guy running their business go ultra vires and on some power crazed shit show appointing his mates and refusing to sack them.

I am 100% certain they were on board with Gerrard and are happy with how he's conducted himself with player negotiations.

it's laughable that he just gets his mate in and they sit there going..uuuurrrr. OK Christian, jobs for the boys is fine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris are very successful business people.  They will be hard nosed and ruthless.  Absolutely no way do they let the guy running their business go ultra vires and on some power crazed shit show appointing his mates and refusing to sack them.

I am 100% certain they were on board with Gerrard and are happy with how he's conducted himself with player negotiations.

it's laughable that he just gets his mate in and they sit there going..uuuurrrr. OK Christian, jobs for the boys is fine.

I think they've put a lot of trust and faith in Christian, who has delivered a lot. So when he's telling them that Gerrard is the next big thing, I can believe both owners continued to have faith in him. 

That's not saying Purslow went rogue and just appointed his mate without the owners caring and letting him have such ultra mad power trip. 

I'm agree that they were 100% happy with the decision. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Don't think anyone with a rational mind is suggesting a jobs for the boys style appointment, but it would hardly be the first time history that a CEO overstretched himself and perhaps even did everything he could to influence the decision.

It happens at businesses all the time, the job title is - after all - 'Chief' Executive Officer, the majority of these people are master manipulators, it's part of how someone climbs the food chain so high. Brilliant minds all over the world never become CEOs due a lack of cunning and the ability to position themselves and the things they want ahead of others.

It's evident from the time scales between sacking Smith and hiring Gerrard that they did not follow a rigorous recruitment process. How many managers do you reckon they interviewed and re-interviewed (since no rigorous process is 1-step) in the space of 3 days?

He wanted Gerrard and he got Gerrard. Whether or not the whole board wanted him too is sort of academic, it's very clear he was Purslow's man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Alot of myths in this thread with no evidence. Just pure speculation. 

I have no doubt if the owners were unhappy with the job purslow was doing he would have been axed ruthlessly like with gerrard

That's pretty much the be all and end all of it.  The keyboard warriors on here can accuse him of this and that and the other all they like but the owners are happy or he would be gone.

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

That's pretty much the be all and end all of it.

Not really. There is evidence it's how you choose to interpret it. 

Some seem to be acting like people are proposing flat Earth mad conspiracy theories. Instead there's some logical speculation based on the evidence available. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

That's pretty much the be all and end all of it.  The keyboard warriors on here can accuse him of this and that and the other all they like but the owners are happy or he would be gone.

You can't just label anyone who disagrees with you a "keyboard warrior". 

The absolute death of discussion and debate, that type of carry on.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Some seem to be acting like people are proposing flat Earth mad conspiracy theories. Instead there's some logical speculation based on the evidence available. 

Ermmm.  The evidence is that he is still here.  That is why it's the be all and end all of it.  I was agreeing that the owners are happy as he's still here.  I saw a video of him only today so he's definitely about the place still :wave:

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You can't just label anyone who disagrees with you a "keyboard warrior". 

The absolute death of discussion and debate, that type of carry on.

And I'd love to see half these people walk into his office, sit down with him and throw all these accusations at his face?  I am pretty certain they wouldn't.    But they would be happy to type the accusations from an anonymous internet forum.

The important bit translated:

'CEO Christian Purslow didn't always take kindly to owners relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

This was written in 2020. A respected journalist who had contacts with our sacked sporting director. 

It's not crazy made up rumours that Purslow clearly wanted Gerrard as our manager. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ermmm.  The evidence is that he is still here.  That is why it's the be all and end all of it.  I was agreeing that the owners are happy as he's still here.  I saw a video of him only today so he's definitely about the place still :wave:

Again, I don't think anyone has suggested that the owners are so angry with him they want him gone. You seem to be inventing crazy theories to argue. 

Most people seem to blame him for the appointment of Gerrard and the set back it caused us. It doesn't mean the owners should immediately sack him and doesn't seem a crazy thing to suggest. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And I'd love to see half these people walk into his office, sit down with him and throw all these accusations at his face?  I am pretty certain they wouldn't.    But they would be happy to type the accusations from an anonymous internet forum.

Can only speak for myself, but I'd be more than happy in that scenario to ask him how many people were interviewed alongside Gerrard, how many people talked with him prior to the appointment, and what sort of process was followed to determine that he was the outstanding candidate.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ooo, pick me, I'll do it.

Not sure what's upsetting you about it?

If he stays away from football, we'll be better off. Or would you like him involved? Why, if so?

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh sorry.  OK

That's pretty much the be all and end all of it.  People can accuse him of this and that and the other all they like but the owners are happy or he would be gone.

Better?

I agree generally with your point about some of the wild theories but there is a middle ground where the owners were unhappy with Purslow but not to the extent that the Gerrard fiasco was a sackable offence in itself.  It does seem highly likely that Nas took it out of Purslow's hands after the Fulham game to me though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Again, I don't think anyone has suggested that the owners are so angry with him they want him gone. You seem to be inventing crazy theories to argue. 

Most people seem to blame him for the appointment of Gerrard and the set back it caused us. It doesn't mean the owners should immediately sack him and doesn't seem a crazy thing to suggest. 

I definitely wasn't suggesting that. 

There are however plenty of people saying he should be sacked.  That's what I object to. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I agree generally with your point about some of the wild theories but there is a middle ground where the owners were unhappy with Purslow but not to the extent that the Gerrard fiasco was a sackable offence in itself.  It does seem highly likely that Nas took it out of Purslow's hands after the Fulham game to me though.

I'd say it's a crazy theory to think the sacking had zero to do with Nas being annoyed. 

1) Gerrard under pressure for weeks, sacked after the 1 game the owner saw live. 

2) journalists saw him storm off during the game.

3) we sacked him before he had to travel home on the bus. You don't do that if you're not pissed off. You wait till the next morning. 

Again, this isn't just made up nonsense. It's speculation based on the available evidence but it makes sense to me.

Just now, sidcow said:

I definitely wasn't suggesting that. 

There are however plenty of people saying he should be sacked.  That's what I object to. 

I'm not his biggest fan but he shouldn't be sacked. As others have said, he should have less involvement in the football side of things. Or hopefully, he won't make a similar mistake as I believe emotions and his past experience with Gerrard played a part. 

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Isnt the evidence that he hasnt been axed jonah?? Thats fundamentally the proof we need

Â