Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Purslow made a bad decision on appointing Gerrard, but the day to day business of the club has been excellent under his tenure.

Hopefully now the owners know this and will restrict his ability to interfere in football matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

It would be too chaotic getting rid of manager and CEO at the same time.

Bollocks. Fixing what's wrong on the pitch is all that matters at this moment. 

E. I really don't care if he stays or goes, as long as we get a proper football manager in charge asap. 

Edited by vreitti

I get the impression it was Big Nas who made the decision with Wes's backing and did the deed himself, with Purslow removed from the decision making process. The fact that Nas is leading the recruitment drive too speaks volumes as I don't remember hearing that when we let Smith go. It might be difficult to remove Purslow, but on the flip side a vote at board level to remove him from his role should be easy to pass through and remove him as CEO, the other option would be to strip him of a lot of power with Nas taking the lead instead. I think we'd see less talky feely (Purslow) and more smashy testi....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I get the impression it was Big Nas who made the decision with Wes's backing and did the deed himself, with Purslow removed from the decision making process. The fact that Nas is leading the recruitment drive too speaks volumes as I don't remember hearing that when we let Smith go. It might be difficult to remove Purslow, but on the flip side a vote at board level to remove him from his role should be easy to pass through and remove him as CEO, the other option would be to strip him of a lot of power with Nas taking the lead instead. I think we'd see less talky feely (Purslow) and more smashy testi....

Why would it be difficult to remove him? NSWE decide he's gone, he's gone, right?!

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Purslow made a bad decision on appointing Gerrard, but the day to day business of the club has been excellent under his tenure.

Hopefully now the owners know this and will restrict his ability to interfere in football matters.

An acceptable resolution, as long as he has nothing to do with the football 

• Like 1

After reading some of other people's posts, I retract my desire for him to be sacked. However we need a director of football, and Purslow to only be involved in commercial interests.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

I think the decision to sack Gerrard came from above CP so was out of his hands.

There was no due diligence on Gerrard or other options. Smith was sacked on the Sunday and Gerrard was offered the job on the Monday by Purslow. Terrible decision which he has to take full responsibility for 

• Like 1

It seems that the sacking was not done by Purslow, but by the owners. I’m pretty sure that if Purslow ha anything to say on the matter Gerrard would have been in charge against Brentford.

That he was sacked an hour after the match, would indicate this was not a long deliberated decision, but rather it was done by somebody that was really pissed off. Did Gerrard make it to the bus before he was told he was sacked?

Just now, Pinebro said:

Purslows last 3 managerial appointments has been Hodgson, Smith and Gerrard. 

That's roughly a 33, 3 % success rate. 

Why should I feel confident in him? 

THIS!

As i said in another thread i do not trust Purslow to make the right choice.  

14 minutes ago, calcifer said:

THIS!

As i said in another thread i do not trust Purslow to make the right choice.  

He’s appointed two sporting directors too. Considering the state of our squad relative to the wage bill, there should be some focus on those appointments as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s appointed two sporting directors too. Considering the state of our squad relative to the wage bill, there should be some focus on those appointments as well.

And the Ings signing is his from my knowledge. 

He has allowed a fraud to completely tear down our working transfer strategy and signed a bunch of older players on high wages with little resell value. 

We will never play in Europe if Purslow is in charge of footballing decisions. That is just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite frankly, with the resources he’s had available to him, to be where we are now is f***** laughable. 

Needs to go. 

Nothing would make me happier. 

Â