Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

not making the bench i get, i think kodjia's ability to play up top or wide means he gives us more options than him, bolasie is probably ahead of him anyway and then kodjia covers 3 positions compared to his 2

but then the decision to start elmo and adomah is the question (which elmo has done well to be fair to him, covers hutton and gets forward well, not hoofed anything) 

i would have bolasie starting, this guy on the bench and adomah in the stands personally

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not making the bench i get, i think kodjia's ability to play up top or wide means he gives us more options than him, bolasie is probably ahead of him anyway and then kodjia covers 3 positions compared to his 2

but then the decision to start elmo and adomah is the question (which elmo has done well to be fair to him, covers hutton and gets forward well, not hoofed anything) 

i would have bolasie starting, this guy on the bench and adomah in the stands personally

I think he is looking at which players are the fittest and can press higher up the field. Bolasie and El Anwar are way off the pace. Makes perfect sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he is looking at which players are the fittest and can press higher up the field. Bolasie and El Anwar are way off the pace. Makes perfect sense to me. 

on that basis yeah i'd agree, if its a fitness thing that the staff have seen at training then that is what it is

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I actually thought Adomah was good today, awful shot aside. 

Very good movement off the ball for attacks in the first half and pressed well. 

Still early days I think, for both El Ghazi and Bolasie.

Something does seem slightly off about this signing though (El Ghazi). Just in how he came, got an assist, a goal then not really seen again. 

I wonder if we’ll see what happens in January with them both. If it turns out Smith doesn’t rate them and there’s scope for terminating the loans, I don’t think there will be any hesitation.

Still a long way off yet though. Hoping both come good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Still early days I think, for both El Ghazi and Bolasie.

Something does seem slightly off about this signing though (El Ghazi). Just in how he came, got an assist, a goal then not really seen again. 

I wonder if we’ll see what happens in January with them both. If it turns out Smith doesn’t rate them and there’s scope for terminating the loans, I don’t think there will be any hesitation.

Still a long way off yet though. Hoping both come good.

El Ghazi is a permanent signing isn't he?

5 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Bolasie and El-Ghazi, two panic buys from Bruce.

Three months from now Bolasie will be tearing up this division. Remember fans were still saying Snodgrass was a terrible signing well past this time last year and he did ok.

El Ghazi I haven’t seen enough of but hope he comes good as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Three months from now Bolasie will be tearing up this division. Remember fans were still saying Snodgrass was a terrible signing well past this time last year and he did ok.

El Ghazi I haven’t seen enough of but hope he comes good as well.

Hope you're right. Now they look like costly mistakes that took the money we should've spent on decent defenders.

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Kodjia either plays up top or he doesn't play, simple as that. I hope Dean Smith learns this.

I am not one for Brucey defensive wingers whose priority is to help out the fullback first but there has to be some balance. Kodjia just doesn't have the brain to play there. If I was left back I would be more occupied screaming at Kodjia to be honest than doing my own job.

Â