Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Think a lot of posters should be eating humble pie, he faced a lot of criticism last week but I actually thought he played well barring a goal. Even commentators said last week he'd be motm had he scored. Give the lads a chance and don't write them off so quickly!

I'm a fan of his, but let's wait until he performs against better sides.

The holy grail for a winger is consistency... if he can keep his chin up and keep on competing physically even when it's not going his way then he will have shown learning and improvement. Was fantastic tonight well played Anwar. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Unlucky not to have 3.

He's always going to be easily shrugged off the ball, but as long as his application is there he's a handy player to have.  Seems like a really lovely bloke too, FWIW.

kiss my ass a mans butt GIF

• Haha 2

Where has this guy come from? 

Never thought we'd see this Anwar again, the definition of a confidence player. Amazing what that penalty against Wolves has done and it can't be taken for granted we must be so much easier to play for this season, we look extremely fluid going forward.

Still makes poor decisions, particularly when it comes to long range shooting but that was a great performance and I loved his comment re the Burnley game. He sometimes lacks a little bottle on the pitch but he clearly has some character about him. Having him playing at this level really does make a big difference for us.

AEG work rate was excellent past couple of games. Shows what competition for places can do to players.

he covered and supported Targett really well and that allowed target to have a good game too. Much better down that left hand side. 

really pleased for him and he’s back in the starting XI. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, supermon said:

Think a lot of posters should be eating humble pie, he faced a lot of criticism last week but I actually thought he played well barring a goal. Even commentators said last week he'd be motm had he scored. Give the lads a chance and don't write them off so quickly!

Exactly, but you’ll never get them to admit that

When El Ghazi plays it absolutely must be from the left. When he gets going he's a real threat from that side cutting in, keep him away from the right and we have a very valuable asset. 

Not sure I've ever seen a confidence player quite like him. Just needs to keep that belief. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, supermon said:

Not really humble pie yet, get over it a way to go before that happens. Has scored a goal and dont get me wrong it was off a very beautiful cross by Traore, but yeah it was a splendid goal that took alot of difficulty to do when you dragging your foot behind you for the tap in.

Had a penalty, Ghazi seems good at them but at 2 nill up I would of given it Watkins after the bloke had his goal scrubbed off. Remember Ghazi has already scored and that's fantastic but we need to five Watkins something to he was unlucky early on if he misses so what were still 2 up at that stage in the game.

Ghazi still has alot to do that does my head in, shooting from way far out with no chance of it going in when he could of just passed it on. He makes poor choices most of the game and he cant be doing that. 

• Like 1

The run he made at the end was a result of his long range shots. Defenders expect him to shoot but he took them on instead. At least he hit the target today and had some meat in his shots.

Edited by Sulberto21

Â