Match Thread: Villa v Wigan

limpid

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's right though. There was absolutely no reason to play Jedinak at CB where he's had an absolute mare just like every other time he's played there. 

It's perfectly valid to criticize the man who put him there and is in no way comparable to an attacking player making a mistake.

Bruce was to blame for a backpass mate.  It's not in the same ballpark as just saying "he's playing in the wrong position".

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m baffled by the lack of defensive organisation or nous: that is meant to be Bruce’s thing. If he can’t do that, he’s done

Totally, that was one of the postive's that Bruce brings. Take that away....

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Yeah mate, we definitely shouldn't be playing one of our top scorers from last season. Blaming a manager for an individual error like that is utterly, utterly moronic. 

Says a lot that the only way to defend the manager is go on a weird attack against criticism, instead of telling is what the positives are, Defend Bruce at all costs.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Even if Bruce picks Jedi in midfield and he makes that sort of mistake (one he makes regularly) it happens further up the pitch and is unlikely to lead to a goal. By picking Jedi in that position, it leads to the mistake. Mad how some can't see that.

its more the general lack of style, shape, identity whatever you want to call it that Bruce has had here since day 1, our players look like strangers

what do steve bruces villa actually do? i still dont actually know, we rely on moments of quality from better individuals

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

its more the general lack of style, shape, identity whatever you want to call it that Bruce has had here since day 1, our players look like strangers

what do steve bruces villa actually do? i still dont actually know, we rely on moments of quality from better individuals

Absolutely. Big part of our struggles.