John McGinn

PompeyVillan

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did a lovely nutmegged pass into Davis in the dying seconds today to run down the clock. 

Tony gayle commentating proudly declared “that wasn’t deliberate”

yes it was you mug. 

Bet McGinn ran up and slapped him and wasn’t back for the final whistle. 

Villa strung 23 passes together during a spell in the 2nd half before a Millwall player managed to head it out for a throw.

Tony Gale described it as "breathtaking football by Millwall"

He's up there with Gayle, Hoddle, Walker and Walsh in the berk stakes. (They were all pseudonyms for Gale in the match thread😀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s up there for player of the season for me, he’s been consistently superb. Great buy by Bruce, he’s easily Premier League quality, sky’s the limit for him, seems to have a great attitude and work ethic too, as well as excellent natural ability 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Villa strung 23 passes together during a spell in the 2nd half before a Millwall player managed to head it out for a throw.

Tony Gale described it as "breathtaking football by Millwall"

He's up there with Gayle, Hoddle, Walker and Walsh in the berk stakes. (They were all pseudonyms for Gale in the match thread😀)

Yep he was talking MIllwall up like they were playing like Brazil.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Did a lovely nutmegged pass into Davis in the dying seconds today to run down the clock. 

Tony gayle commentating proudly declared “that wasn’t deliberate”

yes it was you mug. 

Bet McGinn ran up and slapped him and wasn’t back for the final whistle. 

He said something similar when Kodjia dribbled past 3 players and put it wide, said something like he didnt mean to do that but stumbled his way through. 

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

He said something similar when Kodjia dribbled past 3 players and put it wide, said something like he didnt mean to do that but stumbled his way through. 

Yeah I remember that one too.

The nutmegged pass was obviously so deliberate though, and such an intelligent pass at that point. Annoyed me that he wasn't getting credit.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I remember that one too.

The nutmegged pass was obviously so deliberate though, and such an intelligent pass at that point. Annoyed me that he wasn't getting credit.

Yeah, but imagine how annoyed you'd be watching that match back at night, almost scoring goal of the month and hearing the commentator say "nah he just stumbled his way through, didnt mean any of it" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's been an incredible season for him and what a player. pace, power, ball retention, passing (i think the way he switches play is a joy to watch), game management, he literally has it all.

you look at the state of man utd and they are crying out for someone like SJM to dominate games. Really do think he has the game to play at any level, lets hope it's with us!

On 23/04/2019 at 08:14, Stevo985 said:

Yep he was talking MIllwall up like they were playing like Brazil.

Was that the Millwall that lost having created absolutely nothing all game, whose goalie had the game of his life. Jees Brazil must have lost the plot in recent years.

On 23/04/2019 at 08:37, Junxs said:

I think it was sort of a fair comment on kodj though as in a way it did look abit unintentional dribble by him towards the end. Shame it didn't materialize Into a goal intentional or not would of been fantastic.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think it was sort of a fair comment on kodj though as in a way it did look abit unintentional dribble by him towards the end. Shame it didn't materialize Into a goal intentional or not would of been fantastic.

What does unintentional even mean? Football is a game played in the moment, if he didn't pass the ball and instead ran with it at his feet, it's what he was intending to do because that is what he was doing. 

On 25/04/2019 at 13:30, VILLAMARV said:

giphy.gif

no reason. Just because.

Such a thing of absolute beauty.

A perfect volley filmed from a perfect angle. 

Â