John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Because we don't need him in order to beat Bolton, but if we need to beat Leeds or Norwich we will need him. 

I rate McGinn very very highly, but I we just proved we can win without Grealish and Mings. 

He could get injured in his next game and be out for the season. We won't just give up if that happens.....

Play him as you would week by week and if/when he gets the yellow analyse the situation then.

This team, full of belief and confidence, hopefully will overcome whatever comes our way....

Dean Smith aint silly, he will leave him out should he get carded in the next game or two. Obviously if we were at risk of dropping out the play-offs and we needed something in the last game he would gamble and throw him straight back in.

Plus it will be a blessing in disguise should he get a rest. Look at how amazing he's been since coming back from that 2-game suspension before the sha game. He's added goals and looked even more supercharged than normal.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Because we don't need him in order to beat Bolton, but if we need to beat Leeds or Norwich we will need him. 

I would say Bolton is the more difficult of the next two - I would say we don't need him to beat Millwall at home - as above probably best to play him until he gets one more booking.

2 hours ago, Stockbridgehibby said:

Have tried to understand the EFL 

Mate we've been down here a few years now and I still don't understand the place. 

Players shouldn't be punished for accumulating cards over the course of a season, or a tournament. It's utter bollocks.
That's the game.

If you're picking up a card a game, or 10 consecutive cards or something for the same offence then maybe.

I think it's so unfair when players miss out on big games in tournaments for just silly yellow cards.

• Like 2

I am sure that Dean Smith and John Terry will have looked at the bookings and suspension issue and what are the options and outcomes.......unlike I suspect previous management at our club.

On 15/04/2019 at 08:26, Stockbridgehibby said:

Hé picked up a lot of yellows at Hibs but never a second yellow or a straight red (if you exclude the one that was rescinded).  That suggests to me that he is more than capable of playing more cautiously when required, while still being effective.  On the other hand, you could say that refs are generally more reluctant to dish out a second yellow, and therefore it may be more difficult for SJM to avoid being cautioned at all in any one game.  

Have tried to understand the EFL rules, and can’t believe they are so hard to find/difficult to understand.  We shouldn’t have to be worrying over this!

Aye, very true Stockbridge..............I remember only one when given a straight red v Falkirk but that was downgraded on appeal.

I think his style of play means that a yellow in the game is always on the cards........pardon the pun 😉

22 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Love the goal against Boro so much. Big meatball busting through the line of defence. It's like an outside centre in rugby or something.

He was so close to scoring a similar goal against Bristol if Tammy hadn't gotten in his way.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He was so close to scoring a similar goal against Bristol if Tammy hadn't gotten in his way.

Yep. He'd have ripped the net out from there. Tammy had made the chance for himself but should've been more aware.

That series on the YouTube page are very funny now McGinn has found his stride. Very entertaining chap.

Small insight into other bits and bobs as well. He's made quite a few references to refs doing us in, which he's correct with. Also called Jack The Messiah and made fun of Tammy when he hadn't played him in for a chance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

That series on the YouTube page are very funny now McGinn has found his stride. Very entertaining chap.

Small insight into other bits and bobs as well. He's made quite a few references to refs doing us in, which he's correct with. Also called Jack The Messiah and made fun of Tammy when he hadn't played him in for a chance.

This. I spotted those sly digs when I watched the video as well. He's just brilliant. 

Â