John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I hope he is. Again it's played for jokes in his latest Villa interview about blowing up if he has time off in the summer.

It's not funny and in todays day and age it's not professional.

Was watching a highlights video and I almost forget the dynamic nippy little player he was winning the ball and driving and getting shots away.

Get back to that please. Not this bloke that can't move on the ball anymore 

On 15/07/2021 at 18:03, MotoMkali said:

No he's much better deeper where he can turn and run with the ball. And his long passing is an asset on the break. I don't like it when we are high up in possession and putting pressure on the defence and he plays a floaty long ball that allows defenders to close down and get back in shape.

Honestly though his pressing is overrated. He does a lot of highlight presses but very rarely any in the defensive third which is where you typically expect to win the ball back. He doesn't track his runner playing him further forward would exacerbate that problem.

He is also suspect when in possession, suseptible to losing the ball easily at times....not a great trait for a no6.

a good no6 needs to stay on the ball and be hard to dispossess.

Edited by TRO

Outside of Nakamba....I don't see a dedicated No6 in our squad....I see plenty filling in.

Anguissa, Doucoure, could be upgrades or any little gems, Rob Mackenzie can muster.

That's kinda thin on the ground for a team with European ambitions.

I think we will sign one....I think it is fairly obvious, its a possible weak spot.

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

He was so much better in the second half when we swapped to a 3 in midfield.

He's never a 6 and if we are going to play a 4-2-3-1 we'll never see the best of him

So much better in the second half when we had a midfield that meant our midfielder didn't have to get on the ball and do that passing thing.

He ain't good enough. Unless we get 2 ballers in midfielder and just let him bomb on like he did first 6 months in the PL (sacrificing Buendia???) then he ain't it. He has no discipline doesn't dictate the play doesn't get on the ball. He's a passenger.

Any mug can jog around the pitch a lot without the ball.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

So much better in the second half when we had a midfield that meant our midfielder didn't have to get on the ball and do that passing thing.

He ain't good enough. Unless we get 2 ballers in midfielder and just let him bomb on like he did first 6 months in the PL (sacrificing Buendia???) then he ain't it. He has no discipline doesn't dictate the play doesn't get on the ball. He's a passenger.

Christ almighty

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You think any mug can score that goal he scored today?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I love him as a person, but I can't wait until he's not a regular in our midfield.

Totally agree with this. He is not good enough. 2 new £30m centre mids and we are top half. Without them it will be a bottom 6 battle all season.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Did you think he played well today? He ruins good attacking moves with the most basic decisions.

I think your over reacting.  Today was all about fitness and Watford looked fitter across the park.  To single out any individual player in that game would be unfair.  Teams cannot carry players in any position, it compromises the shape, cohesion and patterns.  That means Targett not being able to cope with Sarr pulls everyone else out of sync.

Today was pure fitness, we will be fine, as will McGinn, with minutes.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not a deep lying midfielder, we need to stop it!

Box to Box or attacking are his strengths.

He looks so good when he's pressing high up the pitch but he can't do that when he has a terrible midfield partner.

Â