John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Calm down.... It was a trip. Anyone would think reading the comments on here that we'd just witnessed Roy Keane on Harrland

What planet are you on? He tries to smash him in half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Calm down.... It was a trip. Anyone would think reading the comments on here that we'd just witnessed Roy Keane on Harrland

It's nowhere near a trip

It's a boot in the air, he's literally kicked through the guy at full force 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

He doesn't make that tackle if we aren't in that inept back 5 setup

We weren't. Switched it ten mins prior. 

4 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It should have been a yellow. It was a tactical foul. Even the match commentator was surprised when the red card came out.

The player wasn't hurt, there was no intent to cause harm. Watch it back....

A harsh call from the ref.

Players don't react to "no intent to cause harm" challenges and you had players running from all over the pitch to tell McGinn what they thought of that. 

100 times out of 100 that tackle causes harm because there's no way it wouldn't. 

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It should have been a yellow. It was a tactical foul. Even the match commentator was surprised when the red card came out.

The player wasn't hurt, there was no intent to cause harm. Watch it back....

A harsh call from the ref.

What kind of alternate universe is this??

Should be fined as much as he can be. Embarrassing sending off for any player, let alone the captain. Sunday league shit that was, actually he should be fined more, if he was going to smash anyone it should have been Maddison. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the match thread it's a lower Sunday league tackle you'd expect from a hungover fat guy 

It's a dirty put one on him tackle 

I agree, although if someone tried that on me on a Sunday morning I'd have reacted a lot worse than Udogie did. I'd like to think I'm leaving the Sunday league pitch capable of walking into the office on Monday. 

Can't believe the tackle has divided so many people to be honest.

It's a red all day long for me.

*Though, refs are so inconsistent that I wouldn't have been that surprised to see a yellow.

Is it the 3 league games he misses? Ok for Thursday?  

You could tell by his reaction that he knew he'd **** up and fully deserved it.  He was looking to pass the armband on before VAR had even checked it.  He will be devastated in the dressing room though, I'm sure about that and he owes an epic performance on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Can't believe the tackle has divided so many people to be honest.

It's a red all day long for me.

*Though, refs are so inconsistent that I wouldn't have been that surprised to see a yellow.

Is it the 3 league games he misses? Ok for Thursday?  

Yeah just PL games.

• Like 1

Stupid tackle but his studs weren't up, it wasn't high, not a red for me - if it hadn't been in front of the dugout and the mass reaction it would be a yellow at most IMO. I will say though, he probably felt it was his duty because nobody else put their **** foot in today, SJM was the only one who really showed any kind of desire, he chased and challenged for everything. 

14 minutes ago, grobs said:

Losing him for 3 games will signal the end of our season 

Jesus wept. We have a great chance going through to ECL 1/4 finals, and still very much in the race for CL.

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's nowhere near a trip

It's a boot in the air, he's literally kicked through the guy at full force 

Yup. If in the same position he'd just slipped a foot in front of the ankle it's a trip and a yellow, but it was violent, he absolutely whollops him, and it speaks volumes that even our own players were chastising him. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

He lost his head out of sheer frustration it's as simple as that and I am sure no one will be more disappointed than him. In the heat of battle it can happen though and has happened to better players than him.

Up until the point he was sent off he was head and shoulders our best player and there is no dressing it up he'll be a huge miss especially with Kamara also out. Fingers crossed Ramsey is back soon as otherwise that midfield will lack drive and a player who can carry the ball. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Players don't react to "no intent to cause harm" challenges and you had players running from all over the pitch to tell McGinn what they thought of that. 

100 times out of 100 that tackle causes harm because there's no way it wouldn't. 

Except today when the player on the receiving end is…..fine?

Edited by noomsy
  • Like 1

Â