John McGinn

PompeyVillan

After tonight we should immediately raise his wages and raise the insurance policy on his rear end - that thing is a national treasure. He was magnificent - he was everywhere and must have been a complete nightmare to play against - what a performance, what a leader - we are so bloody lucky to have him wear the Villa shirt. 

• Like 1

One of the great captain’s performances, absolutely iconic. The work rate from kick off to final whistle was extraordinary, and he used the ball well, tackled like a madman… just a pleasure to watch, and inspired his teammates while sucking the life out of anything City tried to do

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He was sensational 

Does anyone know when yellow card ban moves to 10 games?

Some time late in the season. After 32 games or so rings a bell. 

EDIT: Ah sorry, I read your question wrong. Never mind. 

Edited by sparrow1988

I swear to God he had football magnets in his boots last night. 

Lost the ball several times and came away with it like some kind of optical illusion had occurred that only made it look like he'd lost the ball. 

So many outstanding turns on the ball. Bursting through world class players like they weren't even there. 

He was absolutely outstanding totally stunning. 

£3.5m to play in The Championship. Unbelievable. 

I'm annoyed that Jonathon Pearce on Motd thought he mis-hit a ball to Bailey and was actually trying to play in Watkins.

It's a low bar, but McGinn can play passes Jonathon Pearce can't understand.

He's a helluva a player, a helluva Captain and a heck of a man - ya wee dancer bravearse!

• Like 2

Does anyone else think it’s a pen when he had his big chance in the second half. He beats Dias who puts his arm straight across his chest and clearly stops him getting a shot off cleanly. Looked incredibly blatant to me but not seen a single person mention it during or after the game. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm annoyed that Jonathon Pearce on Motd thought he mis-hit a ball to Bailey and was actually trying to play in Watkins.

It's a low bar, but McGinn can play passes Jonathon Pearce can't understand.

He's a helluva a player, a helluva Captain and a heck of a man - ya wee dancer bravearse!

I thought exactly that. It wasn't the weight or trajectory of pass for Watkins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Does anyone else think it’s a pen when he had his big chance in the second half. He beats Dias who puts his arm straight across his chest and clearly stops him getting a shot off cleanly. Looked incredibly blatant to me but not seen a single person mention it during or after the game. 

Because of his determination, physicality and I suppose honesty, Mcginns never going to get anything for that. Other players might have gone down.

Â