John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Showed his intelligence today, crucial in 2 or 3 of the goals, most particularly the 1st.

He seems to be a  player who just has to play through dips in form. Dropped off in the last few games, but you keep him in and he finds his way back.

• Like 1

Excellent today and also the captain we needed. Konsa looked certain to me to get a second yellow for his shove late on. JM was straight onto the ref after being alerted by Emi and managed to calm him. Also noticed him so vocal. On the right, him and cash really shut down a very dangerous Brighton left side. 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He is a joy to listen to. Proper good guy.

We're very lucky having McGinn, and Mings, as our main club representatives. Both speak well, with intelligence and avoid all the usual cliche bullshit. Always happy to see McGinn's cheeky smile in an interview.

• Like 2

SJM, alongwith many players, cannot produce brilliant performances every game. Generally, we seem to be getting 4 great performance to 2 mediocre or poor performances. As the heartbeat of the club, and he is that, I think we should live with that. I don’t always read the other player’s threads but it seems to me, if McGinn has a bad 30 mins in a game, it’s time to get him upgraded. Everyone clearly entitled to an opinion but I genuinely believe Villa will be worse off, if he is sold, unless Villa bring in De Bruyne or someone of that ilk to replace him. Stick with him. Think he will serve us well for a few years yet. 

• Like 4

Â