John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, weedman said:

New chant : There's only 2 John McGinns

I’ve been singing it for weeks - “we’ve got McGinn, 2 John Mcginns,  etc” but it’s not caught on.....probably because people think’ it’s rubbish 😀

or coz I can’t make myself heard when his chant starts 🙂 

which is, every few minutes lol.

10 hours ago, LDhibs said:

Lurked here since McGinn signed but thought I'd share my frustrations as I knew before you signed him, whichever club he went to, he'd become a cult hero and within 10 games be worth 10x more than he was bought for.

Can only assume either the scouts weren't up here watching him or if they did, underestimated the league strength thinking he wouldn't be able to dominate against better quality opposition. 

Other than my fervent bitterness, I'm really happy he's doing so well and with a good club like Villa! Better get promotion though or you'll have a job keeping hold of him. 

I feel your pain brother. I've seen so many of our best players sold down the years and it always hurts. We may lose our own Jack Grealish if we don't get promoted which will hurt to the core. 

It shows how special McGinn is that so many Hibs fans are one here now to talk about him still.  In an age when fans are so disengaged with football and footballers he shows the game is not gone yet.  You can still see a guy who gives 1000% irrespective of the wages and aim to get to the very top. 

Compare and contrast Bolasie.  I know who will be able to walk into any bar in any city where he has plied his trade and never need to buy a beer. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thunderball said:

When Milner left it was like we played with ten men thereafter, Johnny Mac is hewn from the same cloth, he is like having an extra midfielder.

I was thinking this.  The parallels with Milner are striking.  I remember that Milner thread where there were a couple of hundred posts about his exploits (eg you know that pilot who landed the plane on the Hudson River, that was James Milner) 

At the moment James Milner is ahead because his exploits were in The Premier League.  I have a sneaky feeling though that the John McGinn we see in The Championship is exactly the same player John McGinn will be in The Premier League and he will be like the player James Milner would aspire to have been but fallen short of. 

Edited by sidcow

Im going to say in my 31 years of being on this planet he is the best player I have seen to of graced Villa Park in a Villa shirt he is that good!Probably get shot down for it but he is unbelieveable!

A ran a half marathon in terrain today. When I started getting tired, cramping up and felt sorry for myself I imagined McGinn and chanted "We got McGinn!" 

With the power of McGinn bestoved upon me I blasted thru the last 5km like a man possessed. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

football soccer GIF by Aston Villa FC

Gets goal of the season for me as well.  The guy has been phenomenal in his first season. 

Genuinely one of the best goals I've ever seen.

If that doesn't win goal of the season it's a **** travesty

• Like 2

Can't believe we haven't updated this thread in 6 hours!  Really?  What short memories we've got.  I want hourly updates of which county he's currently running through.  

Last footage was him on the breakfast run for all the lads this morning:

running man abandon thread GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Can't believe we haven't updated this thread in 6 hours!  Really?  What short memories we've got.  I want hourly updates of which county he's currently running through.  

Last footage was him on the breakfast run for all the lads this morning:

running man abandon thread GIF

Why have you filmed him in slow motion though ?

• Haha 4

Â