Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nyland has been crap for us - we all know that - but these reactions are coming after one game.

What?

No, not one game. Every game of his Villa career he's been on the scale of terrible to average.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Agreed.

Your point?

The point is blindingly obvious.

Abraham has played well for us and made a huge contribution this season so when he misses some chances we are willing to forgive him because we know he'll score important goals for us this season. 

Nyland has directly cost us points and continues to do so. When he makes a mistake we criticise him because the cabbage that got Bruce sacked can see he's not good enough and will continue to cost us points until he's finally shitcanned. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What? No they aren't. People have been slating him all season because he's awful and has cost us alot points. 

Trying to refer to Abraham's misses is just a nonsensical tangent imo. Nyland is shite. Case closed. 

Posts shit, mate. Literally made something up there which isn't even a nodding acquaintance with reality. As you said, there's a whole **** thread here most of which is of that refrain. I only see the crap when someone quotes it.:lol:

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Agreed.

Your point?

You're trying to say Tammy is equally / more responsible for the result. He's made a mistake, but otherwise had a decent game, and brings something to the team, and instils confidence in his teammates.

Nyland is making these kinds of mistakes in most games. It gets in the heads of your own players, and gives the oppo confidence.

You can't say Tammy is more culpable just because he's messed up a shot. Even a world class striker will miss as many as he tucks away. The job of goalkeeper is different. Keepers don't go sprinting around the pitch for 90 mins. They don't link up the play, work the channels, drag defenders out of position, or make unnoticed runs in behind. Their fundamental job is to concentrate, not be a p*ssy, and do the basics right - Nyland fails on every count.

Goalies always get stick. 5 brilliant saves and a cock up and the gk gets it in the neck. Striker misses 5 but scores the winner and he’s a hero. It’s just the nature of the two differing positions. However the stick Nylamd is getting is because his general play has been poor all season. A few brilliant saves but he doesn’t command his area and in situations like tonight’s last “goal” he is just increadibly weak. 

I’m sure Tammy will be disappointed with the chances he missed, but he has had an excellent season and so earned the right to be judged less critically. They say you have to be mad to be a goalie, I just wish ours was, he’s far too placid. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was ok today but his obvious weakness was there too see. I think we all know he can’t cut it in this league but he is our keeper until January. So pointless debating his same weakness over and over again. It’s not going to change. 

He's 28. I choose to believe there's a reason he haven't made it further than the 2nd tier in German and English football.

But i agree we need to support him till January, giving him abuse won't help the situation at all.

• Like 3

I once spoke to Enckleman years after and he privately admitted that he wilted under the pressure of the derby, he went as far as to say it was like a “state of shock”. 

I think Nyland is the same to be honest, probably a great bloke desperate to do well and a keen worker trying his best, unfortunately I think he’s scared and he wilts every time. Wish him all the best but don’t want him here after Jan

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Goalies always get stick. 5 brilliant saves and a cock up and the gk gets it in the neck. Striker misses 5 but scores the winner and he’s a hero. It’s just the nature of the two differing positions. However the stick Nylamd is getting is because his general play has been poor all season. A few brilliant saves but he doesn’t command his area and in situations like tonight’s last “goal” he is just increadibly weak. 

De Gea is having a poor season but he is being excused for his past exploits. Sadly Nyland has no back form 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I once spoke to Enckleman years after and he privately admitted that he wilted under the pressure of the derby, he went as far as to say it was like a “state of shock”. 

I think Nyland is the same to be honest, probably a great bloke desperate to do well and a keen worker trying his best, unfortunately I think he’s scared and he wilts every time. Wish him all the best but don’t want him here after Jan

I think it could be more than that. He is quite light weight for a keeper and will never have played in a league this physical.  He really looks shit scared of getting clattered.

He seems a genuine guy and is giving his best. But this is a step too far for him. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He's 28. I choose to believe there's a reason he haven't made it further than the 2nd tier in German and English football.

But i agree we need to support him till January, giving him abuse won't help the situation at all.

Giving him abuse is ridiculous and really winds me up when I see it on here. Thankfully it’s died down. 

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What?

No, not one game. Every game of his Villa career he's been on the scale of terrible to average.

He’s shit, totally agree.

But he’s had 2 motm performances.. credit where credit is due..

every OTHER game, he’s been total crap and cost us about a gazillion points. And that’s not even an exaggeration.

The goal I saw Hutton was far more to blame but Nyland played his part in it. 

He is a Villa player and we should see his weakness and support him until he can be replaced. The last thing we need is a complete confidence collapse with no way of replacing him.

All this hysterical behaviour will not help out course , leave it to the Tesco's fans who have just nicked a point at home . We're on our way now and that's the main thing UTV

Â