World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

Just now, bobzy said:

VAR looks at it goes “not deliberate”. Review over, doesn’t need to go the referee. It’s so, so basic. He missed the ball hitting a Croatian player, he didn’t miss any incident at all. 

Ultimately, that decision may have decided where the World Cup goes. Bonkers!

I think it’s a correct decision so I think it would be quite fitting. 

But I want Croatia to win so I hope we see some more goals so that it’s a moot point. 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Has to be a penalty for me and if it’s not under the rules then the rules need changing. His hand is well away from his body and the balls going towards the middle of the six yard box. 

"the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement"

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Has to be a penalty for me and if it’s not under the rules then the rules need changing. His hand is well away from his body and the balls going towards the middle of the six yard box. 

What an idiot lol, you clearly have no understanding of football at all lol

Seriously though, of course you are correct. Soft penalty but a penalty none the less.

Just now, bobzy said:

There is no way you can judge that handball as being deliberate - UNLESS either Perisic knows Umtiti is missing his header OR Perisic has superhuman reactions.

So yes, potentially mind reading in either case. Even people who think that’s a penalty are saying it’s “not deliberate”. Nothing idyllic, just a lack of knowledge. 

It’s not a lack of knowledge. It’s just the knowledge that the rule isn’t applied the way you’re suggesting. 

Arm outstrecthed, moves towards the ball. That will be given. 

If handballs were only given for actual deliberate handballs. As in when the player has consciously moved his hand and deliberately handled it, then we would hardly ever see a handball given. 

You might think that that is how it should be. But the reality is that it is not. 

I want France to win this, Croatian players comments after beating us were a disgrace. As soon as it finishes I’ll go back to not liking France again ?

I want to see Lovrens tears of defeat.

Edited by Ingram85

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There is no way you can judge that handball as being deliberate - UNLESS either Perisic knows Umtiti is missing his header OR Perisic has superhuman reactions.

So yes, potentially mind reading in either case. Even people who think that’s a penalty are saying it’s “not deliberate”. Nothing idyllic, just a lack of knowledge. 

In some other circumstances, you could see it being given as a player keeping their arm out 'just in case'.

There's an idea that even if you don't know your hand is going to hit the ball, you kind of fish for the handball to block the ball, and keep your arm out there to block a shot. There can definitely be cases in which a penalty should be given for handball even if the player wasn't deliberately handling it. 

Players would just keep their arms out to cover as much space as possible whenever there's a corner if 'I had no time to react to the ball' was a bulletproof defense. Handball is a right pain in the arse.

Â