World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Great ball to Mbappe to start that move from Pogba. Nice goal to score in a World cup final that.

This is all a bit harsh on Croatia, they've been the better team imo.

Throughout the entire tournament, they've struggled to finish their chances. 3 penalty shootouts in a row, I don't feel bad for Croatia.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Exactly.

So we get in to the position where it has to be considered how the player is standing, what their motives are, and what an acceptable position is.

So you can't stand like a starfish. Can you jump up with your arms in the air? How high? How long can you keep your arms up?

It's never going to be an exact rule when you have that degree of interpretation.

Standing, yes. Moving, not really - much easier. It’s not hard. There have been 2 correctly given penalties this World Cup - against Sanchez and Umtiti. Umtiti sort of had the “how long can you keep arms up?” element to it.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Load of shit really, a final ruined by referee. Croatia have been outclassing this awful to watch France team, I guess Croatia's weaknesses up front have bit them, they just have no number 9 who is remotely decent. 

What a load of cobblers. France haven’t been awful at all.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Load of shit really, a final ruined by referee. Croatia have been outclassing this awful to watch France team, I guess Croatia's weaknesses up front have bit them, they just have no number 9 who is remotely decent. 

Pogba and Griezmann having good enough games....

Will take back what I said about Subasic btw. He seems to have given up saving basic shots.

Â