Time for a takeover

Jareth

A big no to American investors from me - very few success stories of them and football teams in Europe. They're generally in it for the profit rather than the prestige or love of the game and this is not a profitable industry in general. 

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A big no to American investors from me - very few success stories of them and football teams in Europe. They're generally in it for the profit rather than the prestige or love of the game and this is not a profitable industry in general. 

Very few owners are in it for anything else. It would be nice if we could find one this time after having thought we had with our last two.  

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

getting us into a position where we make a profit would be just fine right now surely.

• Like 3

I still can't find how much that onemain sale was worth. I'd imagine itìs added a bit to the $100m. We really need to get sold quick, then hope whoever buys us gets lucky appointing the right board. We need a project like Wolves, Southampton, Fulham etc. put together to get out of our position. Another clueless board and bad managerial appointments and we're deeper in the poo...

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, would at the very least mean we are sustaining ourselves.

I'd take that over our current situation even if it meant playing a lot more of the kids coming through (as long as we kept Jack obvs) :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

I still can't find how much that onemain sale was worth. I'd imagine itìs added a bit to the $100m. We really need to get sold quick, then hope whoever buys us gets lucky appointing the right board. We need a project like Wolves, Southampton, Fulham etc. put together to get out of our position. Another clueless board and bad managerial appointments and we're deeper in the poo...

**** that, thank you very much.

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

I tend to agree, although after some turbulent first years both Man U and Liverpool are doing quite well. Especially pool seem to have their house in order at the moment.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone seen the rumour (Via Neil Moxley) than we are in advanced talks with Zhang Fan (Chinese), Chairman of Goodix ( A touch screen manufacturer) for sale?

Personal net worth is 2.1 Billion.

Not too shabby.

EDIT: Saw this on Facebook, please digest with salt.

Zhang Fan

Wasn't he in Kessen and Dynasty Warriors?

30 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Who's that group who were interested in Newcastle?

most notably Amanda Staveley and her PCP Partners Groups

I believe that's them.

Apparently the consortium is/was made up up wealthy Arabs etc.

Why?

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Say we got taken over by a trillionaire, would that change our situation drastically? 

Or are our hands still tied by FFP?

FFP would still be a challenge with regards to investing in the playing staff but the non playing side is not covered by FFp so a billionaire could do a lot of investment and cover some costs etc. without falling foul of FFP.

51 minutes ago, romavillan said:

FFP would still be a challenge with regards to investing in the playing staff but the non playing side is not covered by FFp so a billionaire could do a lot of investment and cover some costs etc. without falling foul of FFP.

Whilst gazillions of dosh wouldn’t be too terrible, what we really need is an owner with a brain. If we were well run and with the right people on board, I think some elements of ffp can be negated. Don’t tell me PSG are making the money they’re spending entirely through football. Same goes for Citeh and Chelski. 

Â