Going Under ?

hippo

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Think this is very necessary, one way or another it needs to be cleared up pronto:

Aston Villa are set for talks with the Football League next week as fears grow over the Championship club's finances.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, is scheduled to meet with Villa officials in a bid to discover the club’s future plans following failure to win promotion to the Premier League.

It is understood Harvey will request a broad business plan for next season and proof the club can fulfil its financial obligations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/12/aston-villa-meet-football-league-fears-grow-clubs-finances/

Sounds like a points deduction incoming 

I wonder if this has come from a player or club official worried about getting paid - or not in the coming months

Probably knocked a few million of the Grealish price though. Hope they tell Xia to either put up or sell up. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if this has come from a player or club official worried about getting paid - or not in the coming months

Probably knocked a few million of the Grealish price though. Hope they tell Xia to either put up or sell up. 

Its the media and last tax bill. 

7 hours ago, Nabby said:

EFL investigating a club who owners they passed just 2 years ago...they should be investigating themselves !! 

I think that’s part of it, they have to see if they cocked up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hippo said:

A points deduction for what? 

We’d hear the clubs is in administration before we need to worry about points deductions.

• Like 1

No new major disasters todays then - we even have new sponsors  - Alan Hutton might be leaving for forest and we might be forced to accept £15m for Grealish....................weve had worse days  

delboy.jpg.720d7b51d290cd4591f42054379384fc.jpgalex.jpg.b29ed4807c189a0310930e44197883ce.jpg

Edited by hippo
  • Like 3

On 13/06/2018 at 07:38, Jareth said:

Think this is very necessary, one way or another it needs to be cleared up pronto:

Aston Villa are set for talks with the Football League next week as fears grow over the Championship club's finances.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, is scheduled to meet with Villa officials in a bid to discover the club’s future plans following failure to win promotion to the Premier League.

It is understood Harvey will request a broad business plan for next season and proof the club can fulfil its financial obligations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/12/aston-villa-meet-football-league-fears-grow-clubs-finances/

Isn't this just due diligence and no more indicative of financial crisis than Spurs showing an interest in Grealish?

Or am I missing something and this is in fact a sign of the financial mess we're in?

Every team, every season, goes under review to ascertain what they have financial capacity for by the league officials in the competition I'm most familiar with here in Australia. Some are straightforward whereas some are complex and relegated and promoted teams ALWAYS fall under intense scrutiny and have to share their model for success with the league in order to finalise their standing. That's the system here.

So the EFL wanting to check financial plans of a club in our position, all things considered, isn't a doomsday sign rather a formality.

In any case it would be nice to get some concrete answers and conclusions surrounding all this.

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Isn't this just due diligence and no more indicative of financial crisis than Spurs showing an interest in Grealish?

Or am I missing something and this is in fact a sign of the financial mess we're in?

Every team, every season, goes under review to ascertain what they have financial capacity for by the league officials in the competition I'm most familiar with here in Australia. Some are straightforward whereas some are complex and relegated and promoted teams ALWAYS fall under intense scrutiny and have to share their model for success with the league in order to finalise their standing. That's the system here.

So the EFL wanting to check financial plans of a club in our position, all things considered, isn't a doomsday sign rather a formality.

In any case it would be nice to get some concrete answers and conclusions surrounding all this.

How I wish the EFL were as organised! No, I think the EFL are covering their arse in light of all the press stories, though tbf they probably do check in with clubs that are under stress anyway, just we're flavour of the month so it becomes news. I recall that this story has gone from EFL crisis meeting, to EFL see how they can help out - in about 24 hours, so just goes to show how reactionary it all is. We are still in need of some official info from the club but you'd hope that is around the corner.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We gone under yet?

No not yet, which is quite remarkable really - considering what a charlatan Xia is and how Wyness has actually eaten all of the money the club had. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, hippo said:

No new major disasters todays then - we even have new sponsors  - Alan Hutton might be leaving for forest and we might be forced to accept £15m for Grealish....................weve had worse days  

alex.jpg.b29ed4807c189a0310930e44197883ce.jpg

I would still never get tired of punching that shit eating grin off his face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We gone under yet?

Not quite sure why this thread is even a thing, everything that is said here is said in the other umpteen threads about Xia/Bruce/Grealish/FFP&Villa. Doing my nut right in reading the same, quite frankly, cack, in different threads.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Not quite sure why this thread is even a thing, everything that is said here is said in the other umpteen threads about Xia/Bruce/Grealish/FFP&Villa. Doing my nut right in reading the same, quite frankly, cack, in different threads.

Quite right, this thread is called " Going Under". Well we're not going under and we never were so it's pointless. Close the thread now!1

• Like 1

The thread is called “going under ?” With a question mark. So it’s tracking speculation about our financial position.

Quite hard to see that speculation has gone away, even though there are a few siren voices singing that there is no crisis.

• Like 1

It would seems the supporters trust aren't convinced - also mentions a supporter buyout.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/15/supporters-trust-call-for-urgent-meeting-with-aston-villa-board-over-financial-crisis/

The Aston Villa Supporters' Trust have have again called for clarity on the current situation at Villa Park and asked the club to make a quick decision on the future of manager Steve Bruce.

Â