Going Under ?

hippo

I don't see us getting relegated. As much as we may have a "weakened" team at the start of this season, we may wind up pleasantly surprised. Sure we might field a ton of U23 players, but they could all grow into good players given a run of games in the Championship.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Smirking face huh?

in reply to

I don't know what a Jodie Imray is, nor do I give a flying.....fig about Love Island (Which apparently is so important it needs discussing on question time btw!). Also a bit of fun for the Twitter demographic doesn't normally annoy me at all. But I do question the timing of this one and I think it may be a little too soon. Bad call guys.

If the wheels still fall off then yes that's a horrendous miscalculation. Hopefully whoever posted it knows a bit more than we do about how bad the situation really is.

On 07/06/2018 at 14:29, ViewFromT2 said:

Does anybody know who or what  '1874 Developments Ltd' is? - 2 Officers listed (Wyness/Xia), seem to be owned by Recon Group UK Ltd. I saw on Companies House Website that a registration of charge (HSBC Bank) was added on 08 May 2018.  I'm not really sure what all the details mean in the pdf that can be viewed online, but it seems to refer to Land and Property and Mortgage?

I think it's set up for the training ground improvements. I have a list of all the UK companies Xia has started. I see if I can post it (what hosting site is best to use to upload an image and link the url?) 

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

True, especially given how much our players are on.

I'm not sure what normally happens with Play-Off finals but is it the expectation of the club? Did Fulham do it for their players? Just curious really. The club will be able to note if for when we're next in the Play-Off final in 2027.

No, they all wore tracksuits. But small time for a play off final and not the FA cup. That's something the press have hyperboled. The rest is pretty gruesome 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If the wheels still fall off then yes that's a horrendous miscalculation. Hopefully whoever posted it knows a bit more than we do about how bad the situation really is.

I don't think they so. Just the blues fan Jason deavons I think his name is that runs it. He won't be privy to intimate finances. I think it's just been sent out as a light hearted tweet, but equally they're employers worried about thier jobs so they may be feed slight untruths or watered down versions of the reality. Badly miscalculated if it's all f'd up again in a week when the next part hasn't gone to the Gov or 2 weeks when we can't afford wages. 

Fingers crossed though eh?! I think we have some outside investment arriving in the coming days from the UK in the way of an investor.... Maybe to the board. Don't hold me to that though. Let's see what the lasted filing at companies House says on Tues/Wednesday. Debt was converted to shares, which I believe is separate  investment to the 50m loan in China. 

• Like 1

i have just googled villa transfers 2017/18 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transfers/verein/405 

if you look it says whos on loan in -out, spends, in short 2.5m spent, sold players 13m

loans players etc, the point is its does not add up why villa are in a mess,their was still tv /gate ££ coming in etc,

ian taylor tweeted the gamble did not work, how was a 2.5m a gamble?

it does not add up big time

8 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

i have just googled villa transfers 2017/18 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transfers/verein/405 

if you look it says whos on loan in -out, spends, in short 2.5m spent, sold players 13m

loans players etc, the point is its does not add up why villa are in a mess,their was still tv /gate ££ coming in etc,

ian taylor tweeted the gamble did not work, how was a 2.5m a gamble?

it does not add up big time

Wages... Terry, Jedinak, Whelan - Probably £130k a week just between those. We would’ve paid a lot of Snodgrass’ Plus a loan fee. Then you have other high earners on the books plus the wasted transfers McCormack etc and it soon adds up

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm very concerned. Cotons left now the fitness guys left for cut backs. Wtf is going in at this **** club? We cant affird suits or a fitness coach.

I think we are in absolute deep shit. I think we are definitely heading for adminstration and relegation if that happens. If that happens I will never forgive xia he can do one.

A number of posters enjoyed the CH - it could be even better in League One.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Did we pay the HMRC due amount ?

I think what will come to light in the coming months is the interst we are paying on loans 

I think we agreed part payments with them and will have paid the first of them (I hope).

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wages... Terry, Jedinak, Whelan - Probably £130k a week just between those. We would’ve paid a lot of Snodgrass’ Plus a loan fee. Then you have other high earners on the books plus the wasted transfers McCormack etc and it soon adds up

i get that ..but with players going out on loan & players in ,, yes is probably costing more but surly with 13m in from sales & 2.5m spent.. is that enough to bankrupt the club ?

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

i would imagine we covered Tishbola and McCormack loan wages or a majority of them. not to mention Gabby and Richards who played about 6 games between them

Trying to join the dots... Keith sees the finances and, somewhat prematurely, brings in Tony Birch to plan for insolvency /administration without discussing it with Tony. Dr T finds out and goes ballistic as administration wasn't even being contemplated by him. 

The finances must be pretty bad for wyness to go down that route, regardless of Tony not wanting to. This is compounded by the fact that the only thing stopping the club from going bust were monthly payments in the region of £5m from China. A business needs liquid assets (I.e positive cash flow) to keep running and to rely on money from China to do it is a terrible business decision. 

Tony gave us the impression we were working towards being self sustainable, but the reality is we have been compounding the mistakes of the randy era. For that, I'm not sure I can trust him any more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Trying to join the dots... Keith sees the finances and, somewhat prematurely, brings in Tony Birch to plan for insolvency /administration without discussing it with Tony. Dr T finds out and goes ballistic as administration wasn't even being contemplated by him. 

The finances must be pretty bad for wyness to go down that route, regardless of Tony not wanting to. This is compounded by the fact that the only thing stopping the club from going bust were monthly payments in the region of £5m from China. A business needs liquid assets (I.e positive cash flow) to keep running and to rely on money from China to do it is a terrible business decision. 

Tony gave us the impression we were working towards being self sustainable, but the reality is we have been compounding the mistakes of the randy era. For that, I'm not sure I can trust him any more. 

That's the best assessment I've read of the available info. Wyness has to have done something "above his station" in Xia's eyes in order to get suspended. He might have felt compelled to by realising we couldn't pay the tax bill if the China money didn't come in for the second month in a row. Getting someone in ready for administration could be seen as looking for outside investment as whoever got the job of preparing us for administration would be looking for buyers/investors. That could be painted as Wyness getting a potential backhander for sorting out the outside investment by Xia. It's a right shambles.

Until we see some positive signs of things being resolved financially it's safe to assume we are in deep shit. Now we've only got 2 years left to get in the Champions league as well.

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The club statement denied Trevor Birch was involved.

Neither has been good guys for us. Xia told us he had millions set aside to finance villa - Wyness believed him and went full pelt for promotion at any cost. Too many wrongs with that approach. A bit of research has led me to wonder whether recon are just a glorified holding company - the people who really own us are chinese banks. I think Xias damage done to Aston Villa hasn't reached bottom yet - and with between £70-100m debt   the people who take on are likley to be more of Xias kind. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

The club statement denied Trevor Birch was involved.

You mean the statement that said “there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club.“?

That doesn’t mean there weren’t any in tne past.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this thread should be closed now. The clubs demise can be chat about on the xia and takeover threads surely?

I suggest inserting 'down' into the title and transitioning the debate to tourism in Australia. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I’ve noticed that the club has filed resolutions (full documents not available to me yet.) However, I can see there have been filing for removal of pre-emption rights and allotment of securities (usually shares!) To do so you need the consent of all Directors, including Wyness, which is odd! But it would appear Xia has created new shares. I’m assuming this is for the potential investors, which might suggest a sale isn’t as imminent as we’d like! Shall we put a consortium together folks? Also noticed we’re due a further €5M from Marseille next month for the Amavi sale so it’s not all outgoings ?  knowing our luck at the moment it’ll be going straight to Nice for what we paid for him in the first place! 

Â