Going Under ?

hippo

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'm sure footballers can afford their own suits.

Not sure why the club should be expected to buy the players suits, that sounds a bit crazy. They earn a 'kin fortune! 

True, especially given how much our players are on.

I'm not sure what normally happens with Play-Off finals but is it the expectation of the club? Did Fulham do it for their players? Just curious really. The club will be able to note if for when we're next in the Play-Off final in 2027.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i would have thought that no club pays £20k to have final suits, same as the england team dont pay for their suits, they will have a suit partner who provides them with one

Yes but why would you let the truth get in the way of a catchy flavour-of-the-moment press article. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Is the unarmed player our new goalie ? - we can't afford one with arms ? 

Coincidentally if Karius had no arms in this years CL final, Liverpool wouldnt have conceded two of their goals 

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Coincidentally if Karius had no arms in this years CL final, Liverpool wouldnt have conceded two of their goals 

Perhaps he was the unarmed player ? 

• Like 1

Just occurred to me this morning but what's happened to the 20m we promised to give Lerner if we went up in first two seasons which was agreed in the takeover deal? Did we have it ready to send at the final whistle on May 26th so we could now use it to plug some of our financial shortfalls? Or is it a phantom figure that was going to come out of the 100m + premier league money?

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I cant say Sidwell was the first who got put on stupid wages but I do remember hearing what he was on after we started to decline and I swear it 60k p/w back then. Whatever it was I thought it was ridiculous and a bad sign for the club....

He definitely was a massive part in our rise to mediocrity. My memory is shit I'll grant that, but aside from a couple of cracker goals I don't remember him do anything....

Have to remember Chelsea signed him on a free year before he joined us so he was probably earning that at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It wasn't the FA Cup final. Why would we wear suits?

Big showpiece game at Wembley.

Plenty of clubs turn up in suits for big games at Wembley. From memory we can in our tracksuits which again is fine.

22 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yes but they would have been screwed in the penalty shootout!

....Worth seeing though!

Oddschecker story

https://www.oddschecker.com/insight/football/20180606-odds-slashed-on-villa-being-relegated-following-winding-up-order

Odds slashed on Villa being relegated following winding-up order

Odds slashed on Villa being relegated following winding-up order
Callum Wilson | Wednesday 6th June 2018 / 11:25

They’ve been slashed from 25/1 into just 8/1 following the winding-up order

Aston Villa have had their odds slashed on being relegated from the Championship, following reports that a winding-up order has been handed to the club.

They’ve been cut from 25/1 yesterday morning, into just 8/1 as of today, following an overwhelming amount of bets on their demise.

In total, no less than 97% of bets in the last 24 hours have been placed on the Dr Tony Xia-owned club slipping into League One.

Newly promoted Rotherham are favourites to slip out of the league at even money, followed by Bolton (6/4), Ipswich (11/4), Hull (4/1) and QPR (4/1).

A total of £70m over the past two seasons and an unattainable wage structure has resulted in a HMRC winding-up order, with reports suggesting there’s a real chance of administration.

Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek said: “Very rarely do we see such a high proportion of bets on any single market that we have for Villa being relegated.

“They’ve attracted 97% of all bets in the last 24 hours at a ridiculously high volume, with punters lumping on what could be an eventual demise for the West Midlands club.

“To rub salt in the wounds, one punter from Small Heath has placed £145 on Villa to be relegated into English football’s third tier – at least some Birmingham fans have found solace in Villa’s fall from grace.”

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Have to remember Chelsea signed him on a free year before he joined us so he was probably earning that at Chelsea.

That doesn't justify paying a bench warmer those wages. MoN signing!

At the time they also had Ben Haim on stupid wages and a long deal, but Villa being Villa and Man City being Man City (at that time) we both paid them for the privilege of getting two clowns of their books.

When you are a big club you can ALWAYS find some mug to take your shite off your wage bill, and pay you handsomely.

Smirking face huh?

in reply to

I don't know what a Jodie Imray is, nor do I give a flying.....fig about Love Island (Which apparently is so important it needs discussing on question time btw!). Also a bit of fun for the Twitter demographic doesn't normally annoy me at all. But I do question the timing of this one and I think it may be a little too soon. Bad call guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

"To rub salt in the wounds, one punter from Small Heath has placed £145 on Villa to be relegated into English football’s third tier. "

That leaves him with only £1.20 of his fortnightly job seekers allowance left to live on or has he taken out a second mortgage on his hovel?:D 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

That leaves him with only £1.20 of his fortnightly job seekers allowance left to live on or has he taken out a second mortgage on his hovel?:D 

If it was a pregnant small heathen fan, she wouldn't be able to afford her gin and cigarettes for the week.

• Haha 1

I'm very concerned. Cotons left now the fitness guys left for cut backs. Wtf is going in at this **** club? We cant affird suits or a fitness coach.

I think we are in absolute deep shit. I think we are definitely heading for adminstration and relegation if that happens. If that happens I will never forgive xia he can do one.

Â