Going Under ?

hippo

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reported last night that the club bosses refused to pay for suits for the squad for the Playoff final. £20k. If that's true we really are in the shit, and maybe this could have had a positive effect on the team if the club made this gesture.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Possibly the most sensible bit of business in the last 10 years. 

20k on suits !!!!

Could have got all the squad kitted out for 2k if they’d have gone to George at Asda or Primark....Then sold em on eBay after to get some money back.

Absolutly no foresight whatsoever!!!!

Edited by imavillan

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

20k on suits !!!!

Could have got all the squad kitted out for 2k if they’d have gone to George at Asda or Primark....Then sold em on eBay after to get some money back.

Absolutly no foresight whatsoever!!!!

It wasn't really a cup final either - we were only there because we failed to get a top 2 place.   - No way should be buying once worn suits for players earning £60k pw 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reported last night that the club bosses refused to pay for suits for the squad for the Playoff final. £20k. If that's true we really are in the shit, and maybe this could have had a positive effect on the team if the club made this gesture.

They love this stuff, maybe true, maybe false, it's pretty desperate. They'll be bored by today and move on, given it's all smoke and no fire. 

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg&f=1

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That money we had off Burnley was to help pay last months wages so I've just read. An unarmed player, says there is fear among the players they won't get paid at the end of this month. We just seem to be leaking huge amounts of money everywhere. Not sure how quickly we are going to be able to tie a knot in it. We owe absolutely millions, and our general outgoings are millions per month. 

Is the unarmed player our new goalie ? - we can't afford one with arms ? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Maybe it's all a bluff to try and get rid of the deadwood like Richards & some of the other shite.

Make them think that it is in their interests to get a move anywhere for less cash asap rather than staying somewhere that might not be there in a few months. Once they have all buggered off Tony can get his cheque book out again ;)

This is what I thought about the Club Statement that came out yesterday. I think it's clear for everyone to see that we have huge financial problems, but the statement yesterday tried to calm everyone's fears and may have been a way of making other clubs think that we're not just going to sell all of our players for clearance prices.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This is what I thought about the Club Statement that came out yesterday. I think it's clear for everyone to see that we have huge financial problems, but the statement yesterday tried to calm everyone's fears and may have been a way of making other clubs think that we're not just going to sell all of our players for clearance prices.

Absolutely this ...

Problem is we on the phone to Burnley asking them to hurry up with the westwood money. So the word is out there.

2 things to watch:-

Do the wages get paid end of this month

How we react to the spurs £15m bid for Grealish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There is a lot of money to be made from advocating world peace. The unarmed route could be best.

be great if the unarmed player - wore an underarmour kit ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Absolutely this ...

Problem is we on the phone to Burnley asking them to hurry up with the westwood money. So the word is out there.

2 things to watch:-

Do the wages get paid end of this month

How we react to the spurs £15m bid for Grealish.

I think people often forget that what a club says is almost as important as the actual state a club is in. People will shout from the rooftops that an owner is lying to them, or he's full of s**t, or that he's not to be trusted. But how much of what's being said is for the fans, and how much is for the twitchy ears of other clubs?

Fans and owners cannot have it both ways. The club can't be completely honest and transparent because it puts us in a terrible bargaining position, and yet you also can't be completely mute because there needs to be interaction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm sure footballers can afford their own suits.

Not sure why the club should be expected to buy the players suits, that sounds a bit crazy. They earn a 'kin fortune! 

Â