Going Under ?

hippo

36 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

And then there is the stuff you’ve already clocked like selling the rights to future transfer instalments at a discount to buy immediate cash.  

Next will be mortgaging the next three seasons season ticket income which might get you through your current hiccup (a good way to realise quick cash but you pay the price for seasons afterwards).

Then there will be the running short on pies at half time as there isn’t the cash to get stock in for matchdays.  Has that happened yet? What happens next as your catering isn’t making any money as you’ve not got enough to sell is you sell the catering rights to the likes of  Compass for 3-4 years.  A great way to find quick cash to pay one months wage bill or a pesky tax demand.  But then you’ve got no matchday income at all.  So when the next cash pinch comes your ****.

So then you sell the training ground and lease it back.  Seems sensible.  Big up front payment, an opportunity to restructure, afford those pay-offs etc. A few loan fees.  A fresh start.  But then the nice bloke who bought it (sometimes a mate of the owner, sometimes someone hidden behind a BVI Trust) exercises the right to jack up the rent year on year until it’s bleeding you dry.  And then the same happens to the ground.

Then some business restructuring experts or maybe a minor middle eastern bank buy you with a “rescue plan”.  Probably with a nice guy front man.  But it turns out they are charging millions in “management fees” which they make you take out a loan from another company they own to pay them out of.  Doubling your debt in record time (of course when they bought you they flipped the debt back into the club).

And that’s before the dwarves, David Hockaday, Sardinian criminals and Big Fat Steve Evans arrive....

Right bag o laughs you!

1 hour ago, WaccoeOnline said:

What happens next as your catering isn’t making any money as you’ve not got enough to sell is you sell the catering rights to the likes of  Compass for 3-4 years.  A great way to find quick cash to pay one months wage bill or a pesky tax demand.  But then you’ve got no matchday income at all.  So when the next cash pinch comes your ****.

See if you can guess who has been running our catering since February 2017 on a five year deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That money we had off Burnley was to help pay last months wages so I've just read. An unarmed player, says there is fear among the players they won't get paid at the end of this month. We just seem to be leaking huge amounts of money everywhere. Not sure how quickly we are going to be able to tie a knot in it. We owe absolutely millions, and our general outgoings are millions per month. 

The rest have armed themselves to make sure they do get paid.  Word has it McCormick had an M60

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

See if you can guess who has been running our catering since February 2017 on a five year deal.

One of the first things our first sane owner in fifteen years did was buy his way out of our catering mortgages contracts.  Its been a long, indescribably awful fifteen years :( 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WaccoeOnline said:

And then there is the stuff you’ve already clocked like selling the rights to future transfer instalments at a discount to buy immediate cash.  

Next will be mortgaging the next three seasons season ticket income which might get you through your current hiccup (a good way to realise quick cash but you pay the price for seasons afterwards).

Then there will be the running short on pies at half time as there isn’t the cash to get stock in for matchdays.  Has that happened yet? What happens next as your catering isn’t making any money as you’ve not got enough to sell is you sell the catering rights to the likes of  Compass for 3-4 years.  A great way to find quick cash to pay one months wage bill or a pesky tax demand.  But then you’ve got no matchday income at all.  So when the next cash pinch comes your ****.

So then you sell the training ground and lease it back.  Seems sensible.  Big up front payment, an opportunity to restructure, afford those pay-offs etc. A few loan fees.  A fresh start.  But then the nice bloke who bought it (sometimes a mate of the owner, sometimes someone hidden behind a BVI Trust) exercises the right to jack up the rent year on year until it’s bleeding you dry.  And then the same happens to the ground.

Then some business restructuring experts or maybe a minor middle eastern bank buy you with a “rescue plan”.  Probably with a nice guy front man.  But it turns out they are charging millions in “management fees” which they make you take out a loan from another company they own to pay them out of.  Doubling your debt in record time (of course when they bought you they flipped the debt back into the club).

And that’s before the dwarves, David Hockaday, Sardinian criminals and Big Fat Steve Evans arrive....

To be fair I have massive reservations about how much money Xia has but I am pretty sure he's not a vampire trying to take whatever he can from Villa and suck money out to his mates via the back door. 

I do think he's someone of limited wealth who's gambled and got it all very very wrong. 

Austerity and years in this league follow, (unless we get very very lucky which with our history is highly unlikely) but I don't think there are any freeloaders here. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Do you do children's parties?

OK, I'll stop now :lol:

But there were times when our forum was pretty much just filled with this sort of stuff, week after week after week.  The football became almost irrelevant, in the face of the appalling stuff happening behind the scenes...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you do children's parties?

Doesn't matter if they are entertained, it'll take 45 minutes to deliver, in which time you can sink 5 pints in peace. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

OK, I'll stop now :lol:

But there were times when our forum was pretty much just filled with this sort of stuff, week after week after week.  The football became almost irrelevant, in the face of the appalling stuff happening behind the scenes...

Football unfortunately is no longer the game that most of us remember from our youth. Many of us on here wish for a massive implosion of the whole setup although sadly I can't see how or where it is coming from.

See our "Game's Gone" thread in the other football section of VillaTalk for people venting about the craziness of the modern game. Seems as though you've got plenty to add!

• Like 1

Maybe it's all a bluff to try and get rid of the deadwood like Richards & some of the other shite.

Make them think that it is in their interests to get a move anywhere for less cash asap rather than staying somewhere that might not be there in a few months. Once they have all buggered off Tony can get his cheque book out again ;)

We are totally and utterly screwed 

I don't see a way back from this - all good things come to end great times - but things chance.  My gran kids will watch tv on cable or over the web and support Chelsea or Man city - Supporting a local team will be something you did in the olden times - a bit like using a public telephone box 

Tell me I am wrong ?

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

We are totally and utterly screwed 

I don't see a way back from this - all good things come to end great times - but things chance.  My gran kids will watch tv on cable or over the web and support Chelsea or Man city - Supporting a local team will be something you did in the olden times - a bit like using a public telephone box 

Tell me I am wrong ?

You’re wrong. Perhaps. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

My gran kids will watch tv on cable or over the web and support Chelsea or Man city - Supporting a local team will be something you did in the olden times - a bit like using a public telephone box 

Tell me I am wrong ?

Nah, forget Man Citeh, Walsall will be above us by then. 

7 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Perfectly poignant. AVFC have been a mess for 10 years. We need to change our ways and hopefully today is the dawn of a new era. 

I cant say Sidwell was the first who got put on stupid wages but I do remember hearing what he was on after we started to decline and I swear it 60k p/w back then. Whatever it was I thought it was ridiculous and a bad sign for the club....

He definitely was a massive part in our rise to mediocrity. My memory is shit I'll grant that, but aside from a couple of cracker goals I don't remember him do anything....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

One of the first things our first sane owner in fifteen years did was buy his way out of our catering mortgages contracts.  Its been a long, indescribably awful fifteen years :( 

Hey, just a quick thank you for coming on here and letting us know your experience. It really is helpful. More dickish fans would have come to gloat, its appreciated that you just want to try and let us know how things went for your club, which is a big club. Anyway , cheers.

• Like 1

SSN reported last night that the club bosses refused to pay for suits for the squad for the Playoff final. £20k. If that's true we really are in the shit, and maybe this could have had a positive effect on the team if the club made this gesture.

Â