Going Under ?

hippo

Just now, ViewFromT2 said:

Reads like a goodbye to me.....

image.png.dc9f81be9b42081faa65621f9f81adbf.png

Certainly looks that way. I don’t doubt his intentions I just think he underestimated it and got his fingers burned. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Yes but that would come into the 'running of the club'.  We surely can't be spending £60Million on administration? Are the secretaries on £20,000 a week contracts ? ?

I think we are or were still paying Lambert, Sherwood, RDM and Garde tbfh.

More advice, turn off your swear filter and change the rules about allowing foul language.  With what you might be about to suffer you’ll need all the opportunity to vent that you can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Alright lads.  Come over from Waccoe - the main Leeds forum.  We've suffered pretty much everything a club could. Admin, crooked owners, relegation, points deductions, more crooked owners, vultures, overseas owners ruining us, Trevor Birch, celebrity dwarves, the entire lot.  For some of us its overwhelmed the (admittedly often very poor) football for much of the last fifteen-twenty years.

If you've got any questions about how bad it can get, the amount you learn about finances very quickly as a fan of a broken club, warning signs, the usual, feel free to come onto waccoe, take the abuse and ask us.  Or alternatively, happy to pop by this forum occasionally to offer sympathy.  

Supporting a football team wrecked by a succession of reckless, evil and incompetent owners has ruined most of my adult life.  All I can say is brace yourselves lads.  Its **** horrible.

Just pray Ken Bates is too sick to fly over from Monte Carlo to "save you".  That would be the worst

I have watched it form a distance every since the O'Leary days. Anyone on this board who thinks we will just sell a few players and get the wages down and be sorted are kidding themselves.

I remember yourselves selling the family silver, and then some. Rio, Viduka, Smith, Keane, Fowler, Kewell, Milner, Woodgate. No matter the fees that came in, it wasn't enough, too much debt, too many outgoings. Always just "one more sale"

We are well and truly screwed for a number of years.

3 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

More advice, turn off your swear filter and change the rules about allowing foul language.  With what you might be about to suffer you’ll need all the opportunity to vent that you can.

Oh just f**k off will you?!!

Spoiler

:lol:;)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

There are lots of lessons, none of them hopeful.

One bit of advice - looking on here, you see lads taking sides, suggesting more time should be given to the owners; cheering on or jeering the bloke who was your CEO.

Our experience is that if you think the worst of all of those ****s you will always be closer to the truth.  The sorts of evil, incompetent or exploitative ****ers who are doing to your club what they did to ours think nothing of splitting and dividing the fan base to their own ends.  All of them are different sorts of evil and in it for themselves.  Particularly when you are right up against it.  Don’t believe anything they tell you and when stuff is leaked focus less on why it is true and more on why it has been leaked.

Also (and this is tough) recognise that the strength of the fan base is what makes you vulnerable to these people.  If you (or Leeds) didn’t have a fan base who would stick with the club thick and thin there would be no cash flow to leech off as you die a slow death.  And find value in engineering solutions that enable them to profit from your corpse.  If we’d had less fans we’d have been wiped out and reemerged as a phoenix club and probably made it back to the premiership faster and in better shape than through the endless attempts by crooks and incompetents and crooked incompetents to “save” Leeds United.

Hopefully your nightmare will be shorter than ours.  We lost our ground, all our decent players, our training ground, our dignity, everything.  We’re only now starting to rebuild.  It’s been shit for us one way or another since 2004 give or take. Kids have grown up in Leeds - their entire childhood without a successful local team to support.  Damage and a lost potential fan base that will never be mended.  If you haven’t been there you can’t understand.  But maybe you soon will...

I live in Leeds, so I understand totally. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

There are lots of lessons, none of them hopeful.

One bit of advice - looking on here, you see lads taking sides, suggesting more time should be given to the owners; cheering on or jeering the bloke who was your CEO.

Our experience is that if you think the worst of all of those ****s you will always be closer to the truth.  The sorts of evil, incompetent or exploitative ****ers who are doing to your club what they did to ours think nothing of splitting and dividing the fan base to their own ends.  All of them are different sorts of evil and in it for themselves.  Particularly when you are right up against it.  Don’t believe anything they tell you and when stuff is leaked focus less on why it is true and more on why it has been leaked.

Also (and this is tough) recognise that the strength of the fan base is what makes you vulnerable to these people.  If you (or Leeds) didn’t have a fan base who would stick with the club thick and thin there would be no cash flow to leech off as you die a slow death.  And find value in engineering solutions that enable them to profit from your corpse.  If we’d had less fans we’d have been wiped out and reemerged as a phoenix club and probably made it back to the premiership faster and in better shape than through the endless attempts by crooks and incompetents and crooked incompetents to “save” Leeds United.

Hopefully your nightmare will be shorter than ours.  We lost our ground, all our decent players, our training ground, our dignity, everything.  We’re only now starting to rebuild.  It’s been shit for us one way or another since 2004 give or take. Kids have grown up in Leeds - their entire childhood without a successful local team to support.  Damage and a lost potential fan base that will never be mended.  If you haven’t been there you can’t understand.  But maybe you soon will...

I live in Australia mate, so it doesn't impact me in the same way it would the locals who bleed Claret and Blue and travel home and away out of their own pocket.

That said I understand fully how important a functional sporting association can be for the community, as a semi professional myself I've spent my whole life around sporting clubs.

It's really disheartening to read how cynical you are toward the people who have tried to set up shop at your club.

Both ideally and practically, football clubs are for the people and not shysters looking for business pursuits. So I am sorry that your club has seen such a lack of leadership and lost its way as a consequence.

There's obviously still a lot of pride and a great heritage that comes with Villa. That said for nearly the entirety of my time as a supporter the club has struggled to compete. Nothing in comparison to what you have endured but I can empathise with wanting what's best for your club whilst watching it deteriorate.

Edited by A'Villan

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Reads like a goodbye to me.....

image.png.dc9f81be9b42081faa65621f9f81adbf.png

And a goodbye from him.

Goodbye

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

If he's so heartbroken about our current state, maybe he should sell up ASAP instead of looking for "other" solutions.

I don't think selling land, and key players / future first team players on the cheap, is going to do anything to help his broken heart.

His reputation currently hinges on the next few months. Yes he has put us at risk, but if those risks don't come to fruition as a result of new ownership I'm happy to write off his time here as nothing but huge mistakes by a man not really capable of running a football club.

I will not look back on his time here with any shit givings.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/07/club-statement-hmrc

Club statement.

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations. 

The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club. 

Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Club statement.

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations. 

The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club. 

Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.

Hope and pray this is a sale

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Club statement.

Whilst I don't expect the club to air its dirty laundry in public this is still very light in detail.  That said it is mostly a good sign I suppose for the existence of the club.  However for the health of the club they will have to explain a little more to keep the club healthy.  We can't expect our bright prospects to want to remain, or to be able to recruit new players (should we be able to recruit) without an explanation of this particular s4!tstorm and clear proof that we are a stable team to come to.  At the moment I can see players saying "I wouldn't go to that club if they paid me and they might not even do that".

Â