18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Disagree mate, imo we are the best team in the league atm and 8 points over w7 games is nothing. 

Agreed , also of the 7 teams above us 6 of them have to visit villa park - we have every chance of getting a top 2 place - leeds and Norwich will struggle if they have injuries and suspensions as the season goes on - I think villa and albion will be the top 2 come May - we will only get better as the season develops 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Your prediction is as negative as the man's football was.

I don't think top 6 is negative, considering Smith will only have 1 transfer window to work with for his first season and the christmas transfer window is not optimal.

After our horrible start under Bruce i think top 6 is a great achievement. Top 2 would be mental

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Disagree mate, imo we are the best team in the league atm and 8 points over w7 games is nothing. 

I think we have dominated every game under Smith except maybe 1st 30 minutes in derby

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I think we have dominated every game under Smith except maybe 1st 30 minutes in derby

Agreed, and it's worth remembering the opposition in those games. He is making a mockery of this tough run. 

We are going up. 

I use to look at our team and think 'geez if we do go up we are going to get slaughtered without a complete overhaul' now looking at exactly the same team I think we could do a bit in the prem with just a couple of players coming in.....

• Like 1

We've got a chance now. Get to something like 45 points by end of QPR game on Jan 1st and then we'll be talking.

What I don't like is when we string a good run together Leeds at same time end their indifferent run and win three straight games. Reminds me of when we won 7 straight games in January and Feb last season Cardiff responded and did the exact same thing and that effectively secured them second.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've got a chance now. Get to something like 45 points by end of QPR game on Jan 1st and then we'll be talking.

What I don't like is when we string a good run together Leeds at same time end their indifferent run and win three straight games. Reminds me of when we won 7 straight games in January and Feb last season Cardiff responded and did the exact same thing and that effectively secured them second.

The leaders will always string a run of games like that together....that's why they are the leaders!

The game is to put pressure on!

It's still far to early to be talking about this now, I'll be shocked if both Norwich and Leeds are up there when bum clenching time comes.

We will though!

Just now, ender4 said:

its a shame we started so badly, we're doing so well with Smith and yet still closing the gap to second.

Its going to be a massive challenge to close that gap.

The league is still tightly packed with similar level clubs so I won't be surprised if either of the top 2 stumble. 

Any of the teams in the top half can beat any other on their day. 

Leeds are no wolves...and Norwich definately aren't! 

Just a thought, but IF we already have potential FFP issues if we don't go up this season, and we are even closer to the top by Xmas, couldn't our owners effectively spend what they like to make sure we go up?

42 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I use to look at our team and think 'geez if we do go up we are going to get slaughtered without a complete overhaul' now looking at exactly the same team I think we could do a bit in the prem with just a couple of players coming in.....

........not for me , Wolves looked good last season and they are in free fall. The premier League is a world away from us.

I'm not bothered though , being in this league is refreshing , any team can beat anyone and there's no over the top money being spent. I really do think that the championship , with the right leadership, could be a major attraction. It's a brilliant league .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe but a weaker league this season

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've looked at the Premier League table again just to see what people are going on about.

Wolves are TWELFTH, in the PREMIER LEAGUE, on their first visit back in how long?

6 points off 6th, and 7 points clear of relegation zone.

They are also the best placed of all the newly promoted clubs, 1 third through the season.

This notion that Wolves are falling apart seems to be more made up of the fantasies of fans down here who are a tinge jealous.

That is the only explanation I can think of for these comments.

"Freefall"? 

Freefall is a bit strong ...but It's their recent games against relegation rivals thats the worry and once you start losing games it's a hard habit to break . For the record Im rather find of Wolves ( and any other midland  team) and would rather them win the league than drop out of it. 

A thought just crossed my head.

Birmingham is doing very well, so are we. Both of us ending up in the playoff spots is not unlikely as it stands.

Imagine a play off final between Villa and scum, imagine if we lost it. I don't know if i could go on living in that scenario.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1