18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Regardless of the opposition we have to go all out to win games now as we are playing catch up. Luckily for us we have a manager that knows no other way of playing and a squad blessed with a midfield and front line better than any other in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bad day for us results wise

Blose winning 3-0 as well doesn't help as now they have you could argue a Better chance of play offs than us when you look at the next few games 

Come off it. If the play offs was decided in the next handful of games there may be something in what you have said. There are 27 games to go though. I would bet my house on us finishing at least 8 points above Sha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bad day for us results wise

Blose winning 3-0 as well doesn't help as now they have you could argue a Better chance of play offs than us when you look at the next few games 

Agree it isn't a great day results wise.

However, we still have 27 league games left so as long as we come out of December still close to the pack of teams in/around the play offs we'll do just fine IMO.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Come off it. If the play offs was decided in the next handful of games there may be something in what you have said. There are 27 games to go though. I would bet my house on us finishing at least 8 points above Sha.

I hope so mark. Everyone can keep saying blose are crap and dismiss them but they are decent this year.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so mark. Everyone can keep saying blose are crap and dismiss them but they are decent this year.

I got to be honest I don't really concern myself too much with what they are up to but they may well finish mid table 9th-14th. We will be well above there though.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We battered them last week. Our shit 34 year old full back walked through the defence and scored

• Like 2

What's very pleasing is we can swap players and the performance level stays just as high. 

It bodes well for the rest of the season as injuries bite, we just swap players around and continue as normal. 

Other teams could be rocked by injuries. 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will call it now, we are going up in top 2

Pessimist.

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Were going up champions 

More like it.

😉

Convinced we are going up. Whether it’s automatic or playoffs just depends on the form of those two teams who have a pretty big lead over us already but we will close that gap over 27 games, even if the next month is tough.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Top 2 is a bit of a push for me, we are playing superbly right now but I personally don't see it happening.

I certainly think we have every chance - we have a strong squad and will add to it defensively - we will take some stopping - the juggernaut is beginning to roll - onwards and upwards 😁

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Top 2 is a bit of a push for me, we are playing superbly right now but I personally don't see it happening.

Disagree mate, imo we are the best team in the league atm and 8 points over w7 games is nothing.