18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How the hell has Bruce got Wednesday playing so well? He's surely due a series of dull games with a run of dour lifeless defeats? 

He started well with us too. That pull wor boots up stuff works well in the beginning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which is why I am always baffled when people start talking as if the job is done.

"I don't see XXX as a threat" etc.

As if at least 2 or 3 teams behind us couldn't actually pass us if we slip up. (Especially the couple with games in hand)

We win our next 2 (Bristol City) included and we can breath a bit easier, win the one after that and I feel it is job pretty much done.

Any team can go on a final run.

On the flip side of this, before tonight Boro lost 6 matches in a row, they win one tonight and now they’re occupying 7th position, ahead of Derby (albeit having played one more).

Crazy league.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Rotherham are actually pretty decent at home, given their league position.

They are. I mentioned previously they have 6 less points at home than we have managed at Villa park.

29 of their 39 points have been at home. 

Also a win takes them out the bottom 3. Will be a hard game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He started well with us too. That pull wor boots up stuff works well in the beginning.

I don't get why he gets no credit at all.  It's bizarre.  He's not a terrible manager, that's about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Win over WBA, Derby lost. Just need you guys to drop points tomorrow night and the jobs a good 'un.

Never even considered you a playoff place contender but the way you’ve been playing you could go on and win it! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Win over WBA, Derby lost. Just need you guys to drop points tomorrow night and the jobs a good 'un.

It's Bristol though. Lee Johnson will come out tonight with his cock hanging out,  giving it the big I am...and then lose the next 7.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On the flip side of this, before tonight Boro lost 6 matches in a row, they win one tonight and now they’re occupying 7th position, ahead of Derby (albeit having played one more).

Crazy league.

After we'd played 34 games, we were 12 points behind a Boro side who had played 33.
After we've played 40 games, we are 2 points ahead of a Boro side who have played 41.

6 games for a 14 point swing :o 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A baggies equaliser would really make this a good night of results.

It didnt happen. But at the time you posted only the Blackburn result was good for us 

Obviously we need to win our own games - but as far as I can see tonight hasnt been great for us.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Never even considered you a playoff place threat but the way you’ve been playing you could go on and win it! 

We'll probably lose to Hull last day of the season to finish 7th.

It's destined to be Hull, as they're the team who beat us in the Playoff final when Lee Johnson played for us.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't get why he gets no credit at all.  It's bizarre.  He's not a terrible manager, that's about it.

?

He does well at first because he brings structure and organization to a team especially when the predecessor lacked that. The same can be said about a whole host of other managers like Pulis for example.

It's finding the consistency afterwards that he struggles with because beyond what I just mentioned (which a lot of managers don't have to be fair) he doesn't have much...otherwise he'd still be with us right now.

Not sure what's so egregious about that. We literally saw it play out with us lol

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It's Bristol though. Lee Johnson will come out tonight with his cock hanging out,  giving it the big I am...and then lose the next 7.

He is getting better at not doing that.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

After we'd played 34 games, we were 12 points behind a Boro side who had played 33.
After we've played 40 games, we are 2 points ahead of a Boro side who have played 41.

6 games for a 14 point swing :o 

We had a similar thing with Leeds when we went on our 9 game winning run.

• Like 1