18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The pundits seem to be backing us for play offs and even saying we could go all the way and win at Wembley. 

There's always a team that hits a run of form at the end of the season and the momentum takes them into the playoffs. That momentum means a lot and this time it's us.

If we keep this form up we've got every chance.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There's always a team that hits a run of form at the end of the season and the momentum takes them into the playoffs. That momentum means a lot and this time it's us.

If we keep this form up we've got every chance.

Very true. If we can cement a place in play offs before final two games that would be handy so we can rest them for the play offs I think that would be great. 

If we get to Wembley we have alot of experience on big occasions of any side in the league. Hopefully that would swing it for us. 

Honestly, I wouldn't rest anybody unless it was absolutely necessary. If you take your foot off the gas, there's no guarantees you can get back to speed.

Keep it up, keep winning, don't stop until you win the final. Rest afterwards.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Honestly, I wouldn't rest anybody unless it was absolutely necessary. If you take your foot off the gas, there's no guarantees you can get back to speed.

See this is where we differ maz. 

I see changes as a chance to better safeguard the future games. 

It's not as if any of the changes will weaken us that much, plus it keeps them match fit and ready if needed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

See this is where we differ maz. 

I see changes as a chance to better safeguard the future games. 

It's not as if any of the changes will weaken us that much, plus it keeps them match fit and ready if needed.

If we can manage that, and keep momentum, great. Thats what Smith gets paid for I guess.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very true. If we can cement a place in play offs before final two games that would be handy so we can rest them for the play offs I think that would be great. 

If we get to Wembley we have alot of experience on big occasions of any side in the league. Hopefully that would swing it for us. 

The EFL brought in a rule to stop teams from resting too many players I believe;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

The EFL added: “In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission.”

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What results we looking for tonight then?

A Leeds win would be very helpful, for one.

Is it because that would put them in second? Because I don't see Preston as a threat anymore.

West Brom and Blackburn wins for me.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is it because that would put them in second? Because I don't see Preston as a threat anymore.

West Brom and Blackburn wins for me.

Want everybody below us as far away as mathematically possible.

They are 6 points below us, however just based on our recent resurgence, we should know how quickly things can change.

• Like 1

We make changes or any rests once we can no longer change position, if we're guaranteed 5th then maybe you change 2, 3 players maximum, but otherwise I say keep going! You can sub off players if they are tired. I'd rather start strong, go 2/3 up within an hour then bring off the key players, than have to bring them on to try and find a late winner.

34 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

The EFL brought in a rule to stop teams from resting too many players I believe;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

The EFL added: “In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission.”

You can thank Huddersfield for that, they rested their entire team for their final game of the season which Birmingham City won to avoid relegation. This made it unfair on the other teams still in the relegation scrap.

They brought that rule in the following season to stop that happening again.

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

This is the problem Bayern used to have under Pep. They would wrap up league with 10 games to spare then lose their sharpness in the semi finals of Champions league. 

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Want everybody below us as far away as mathematically possible.

They are 6 points below us, however just based on our recent resurgence, we should know how quickly things can change.

Also don’t want to play Leeds in the playoffs. Better they get automatic.

• Like 2

should be fun watching it play out.

6th to 10th to all lose would be great really.

Leeds and Sheff Utd have their own race.

Baggies are the weird ones. Can't say them doing a 'boro wouldn't be hilarious after sacking Moore. Lot to ask though.

I think Forest are the dark horses.

We just have to keep going.

Saturdays results were pretty much perfecr for us

WBA lost, Bristol drew, Derby drew, Boro lost, Forest lost, Sheff Wed lost, PNE lost. We were the big winners again

Tonight id like to see Blackburn return to some form and get at least a draw, same with WBA, Forest/Wed to draw and Bolton to win just for laughs (how hasnt Pulis been sacked yet)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Bristol v West Brom is an interesting one... I suppose it’s better for baggies to win and then Bristol would be on 40 games and a point behind us? 

Yep.  Need Bristol and Derby to drop as many points as possible between now and the end of season.  Unless WBA capitulate on the same level as Boro have, I don't see us catching them in 7 games.  

• Like 1