What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Going through them one by one! Started a rum collection cos I'm one of those people...however I don't quite understand not drinking them...so my missus got me a ceramic kraken bottle for Christmas, since Christmas I've polished off a rumbulion, dead head (tiny bottle) finished my chairmans reserve, HC selection de maestro and mount gay xo, got the kraken, a bottle of brugal and a bottle of Bacardi gold to finish now, the barcardi is pretty shit

im sure I've seen that diplomatico in selfridges but to be fair my rarer ones I pick up at duty free, think matusalem will be my next one

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going through them one by one! Started a rum collection cos I'm one of those people...however I don't quite understand not drinking them...so my missus got me a ceramic kraken bottle for Christmas, since Christmas I've polished off a rumbulion, dead head (tiny bottle) finished my chairmans reserve, HC selection de maestro and mount gay xo, got the kraken, a bottle of brugal and a bottle of Bacardi gold to finish now, the barcardi is pretty shit

im sure I've seen that diplomatico in selfridges but to be fair my rarer ones I pick up at duty free, think matusalem will be my next one

Was the HC seleccion de maestro worth the price? never tried it due to the cost but always been tempted. The Mrs loved her No7 until I introduced her to the diplomatico

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Was the HC seleccion de maestro worth the price? never tried it due to the cost but always been tempted. The Mrs loved her No7 until I introduced her to the diplomatico

Birthday treat, £60 bottle twice as good as the £30 MG XO? Probably not, it's good, I'm a big no7 fan too

• Like 1

San Francisco Beer Week is underway!   Went to a barrell aged tap takeover this evening.  These 2 were separate from the special tasting but were very nice, and i had a barrell aged Rodenbach Alexander that was fantastic if you like sour beers.  Wish I could find time to go to some of the other events in the coming week.  It's a beer hound's paradise, though a bit weighted toward American "craft" beers which these days means an overrepresentation of IPA's, Double IPA's Triple IPA's, Hepta IPA's, single hop clone IPA's, vegan IPA's, kosher IPA's, etc.

IMG_3474.jpg

• Like 1

Been drinking a bit of martini and lemonade lately.  It's going back to my youth as when I first started clubbing underage in the 80's its what I used to drink as my mate told me in a kind of Dell boy way that beers were not sophisticated enough in nightclubs. 

My claim to fame was ordering a Martini Rosso and coke in Faces and the barmaid said it was a new one on her.  So I basically invented a new drink if a bit girly. 

Interestingly martini with sprite is a very nice twist on lemonade. 

Might have a few of them in the garden in the summer. 

• Like 1

Lots of cocktails at Las Iguanas Funky. Rum and gin overload. Back home for some Malbec, cider and whatever is left for the evening. Bit of cards against humanity. Smashing. Have mostly ignored sport save a brief check up om villa hier, much better way to spend a weekend. Theough drink. Wine and brains black and rum yesterday. Goodnweekend.

I've hardly had alcohol since before Christmas due to medication for a herniated disc in my back. 

Last night was the first proper chance for a few drinks after finally stopping all medication earlier this week. 

Popped over to a mates to watch a skateboarding documentary and took along a nice bottle of red. 

We caned that, plus another bottle and a half of red. Moved onto a bottle of rose and finished with a bottle of white. 

I didn't even feel too bad last night but today I've been so jaded and aching in my joints!!!

next weekend I'm back up in brum for an old work reunion starting Saturday afternoon in town, which I know will be a hell of a session.

however, I'll also be meeting up with my old mates in Sutton on Friday night (again I anticipate this will turn into a heavy session)

i don't think I'm going to survive Sunday and dread the long lonely drive home in the afternoon! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

however, I'll also be meeting up with my old mates in Sutton on Friday night (again I anticipate this will turn into a heavy session)

I'll be on the look out for the ensuing carnage ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Most likely in the station, a favourite haunt from our underage drinking days.... and to think that's over 25yrs ago.

i'm seriously getting old!

First pub I went into with my school mates and had a pint. Must have been 94 or 95? I was 15/16

With the Station, the Gate, the Three Tuns and the Royal, there are enough venues in a 2 min stagger!

• Like 1

Â