What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Started in god awful mulled wine, then had a glass if rose, before three cans of john smiths golden ale, then moved on to 2 glasses of wetherspoons pinot grigio, then had 2 glasses of jack daniels and diet coke when i specifically asked for whiskey. None of  what I drank last night was enjoyable.

My initial thought upon tasting Laphroaig for the first time many years ago was, "This is the reason they started blending Scotch whisky."  I love the individual characters of single malts in general, but this character tried to grab my taste buds and rip them off my tongue.  Haven't tried it since to see whether my opinion has changed.

On 09/12/2016 at 19:46, Xela said:

hqdefault.jpg

Felt like dog shit this morning though 

Love that. Have you tried Ardbeg? If you like peaty whisky Ardbeg is a must :thumb:

19 hours ago, av1 said:

Love that. Have you tried Ardbeg? If you like peaty whisky Ardbeg is a must :thumb:

I don't think I have. I've had Lagavulin and Talisker, which were nice and I own a bottle of Bowmore 12yo, which is a lovely tipple. 

Had me a few Gingerbread Stouts, with my beer tokens on Friday evening. Damn, that shit is delicious! Highly recommended, if you come across it. Can't remember who brews it though, and when I Googled it, various different brewers came up. I'll ask next time I'm in the pub.  

• Like 1

Neighbours invited us in for mulled whine and whisky yesterday. Have no idea what it was apart from that it was bottled from a cast part owned by them and their friends. It was lovely and now I'm trying to work. Failing!

Â