Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

I remember there were rumours years ago that they sold/exported israeli oranges and produce labelled of being SA or Spanish. To avoid said boycotts, but dunno if there's any truth to it.

In Norway I think they also sell a lot of potatoes, which I find funny as we have about four things in this country... fish, oil, rocks and potatoes.

They could solve all this by adding a 3rd state and starting a Tri -Nation  football league.

Either that or spike the water supply with magic mushroom juice.

Edited by Brumerican

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I remember there were rumours years ago that they sold/exported israeli oranges and produce labelled of being SA or Spanish. To avoid said boycotts, but dunno if there's any truth to it.

In Norway I think they also sell a lot of potatoes, which I find funny as we have about four things in this country... fish, oil, rocks and potatoes.

Yeah, a lot of their stuff was re-labelled or used to be sold as unspecified origin. Not sure if they get away with it these days.

Bibi going down just as gracefully as expected. Copying his buddy Trump in claiming election fraud. His son even got himself banned from social media :D 

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Feel free to not say, but what company? TEVA? 

Its not but I would rather not say in all honesty. Not embarrassed by them but rather not point towards them by name. 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 11:01, bannedfromHandV said:

“so-called oppressed”

Is that like someone writing the ‘so-called Holocaust’, i.e. inflammatory and untrue? 

Yes, I can definitely imagine identical scenes in 1941 Germany/Poland or 1990 South Africa.

19 minutes ago, a-k said:

Yes, I can definitely imagine identical scenes in 1941 Germany/Poland or 1990 South Africa.

So, does a Muslim family have absolute equal rights to a Jewish family when it comes to deciding where they want to live?

You’re saying there is no advantage under Israel state laws for Jewish settlers?

Doesn’t the Nation State law give judges the right to give priority to Israel’s Jewish character in rulings? Enshrining the Israeli state as the nation state of the Jewish people above others?

It’s a genuine question, I asked it of Glarmorgan, but he appears to have missed it and gone away again.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Watched a YouTube video yesterday from a few years ago. 

The Palestinian family built an extension to their house. 

A court ruled it illegal so gave the whole house to settlers. 

The settlers in the video are in the garden mocking the children from the house. 

It is very noticeable that he refered to Arabs and not muslims most of the time.

There are an awful lot of Druze Zionist Arabs in Israel

His point about the Hijab was utterly fatuaous and irrelevant plus he didn't actually manage to show any woman wearing it

Also Haifa is not what you would describe as a typically Israeli. It is considered the home of a "Liberal Arab culture" (Christian Arabs obviously)

There was very little mention of Muslim in that video and a lot of mentions of Arab

File under propaganda

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So, does a Muslim family have absolute equal rights to a Jewish family when it comes to deciding where they want to live?

You’re saying there is no advantage under Israel state laws for Jewish settlers?

Doesn’t the Nation State law give judges the right to give priority to Israel’s Jewish character in rulings? Enshrining the Israeli state as the nation state of the Jewish people above others?

It’s a genuine question, I asked it of Glarmorgan, but he appears to have missed it and gone away again.

Did I say any of this? All I did was show a video as rebuttal to an asinine comment about the Holocaust.

The "settlement" referred to in the Nation State law has nothing to do with the settlements in the West Bank, although you are free to interpret it that way.

There is actually nothing specifically in that Nation State law that states Jews have any advantage in society over any other religion. All it says is that Israel identifies as a Jewish state, but that doesn't mean other religions/demographics cannot live there or have any disadvantages for being non-Jews. In fact, and I could be wrong, but as far as I know there's nothing in the Israeli constitution at all that segregates or limits opportunities of individuals based on their religious affiliation. If there is something in there that specifically says judges can rule in favour of Jews over non-Jews, as you say, then please share because I cannot find anything of that sort.

On the other hand, there are many Muslim countries that have constitutional laws that clearly prioritize Muslims and restrict (and oppress, if you want to use that word) other religions, including countries which previously had a large Jewish minority population. Where is your outcry for the laws of those countries?

28 minutes ago, a-k said:

Did I say any of this? All I did was show a video as rebuttal to an asinine comment about the Holocaust.

The "settlement" referred to in the Nation State law has nothing to do with the settlements in the West Bank, although you are free to interpret it that way.

There is actually nothing specifically in that Nation State law that states Jews have any advantage in society over any other religion. All it says is that Israel identifies as a Jewish state, but that doesn't mean other religions/demographics cannot live there or have any disadvantages for being non-Jews. In fact, and I could be wrong, but as far as I know there's nothing in the Israeli constitution at all that segregates or limits opportunities of individuals based on their religious affiliation. If there is something in there that specifically says judges can rule in favour of Jews over non-Jews, as you say, then please share because I cannot find anything of that sort.

On the other hand, there are many Muslim countries that have constitutional laws that clearly prioritize Muslims and restrict (and oppress, if you want to use that word) other religions, including countries which previously had a large Jewish minority population. Where is your outcry for the laws of those countries?

Your post is about "religions"

The video you posted was about "Arabs"

You realise the oppressed people are specifically the Palestinians, rebutals of anything in relation to this discussion that refer to anything other than Palestinians is deliberately disengenuous and as such is just more propaganda

But one example of the laws that discriminate against, specifically, Palestinians.

Israel upholds citizenship bar for Palestinian spouses

Israel's Supreme Court has upheld a law banning Palestinians who marry Israelis from gaining Israeli citizenship.

Civil rights groups had petitioned the court to overturn the law, saying it was unconstitutional.

"Human rights do not prescribe national suicide," Judge Asher Grunis wrote in the judgement.

The law was introduced in 2003, with its backers citing security concerns and the need to ensure Israel remains a Jewish-majority state.

BBC from 2012 refering to a law enacted in 2003

Plenty more where that came from

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Yes.

You disputed whether Israel was an apartheid state. I would say, as it has set laws such as the Nation State Law that give land and language rights to Jews over Arabs, a tiered system of preference between people, yes it is an apartheid state.

I could be wrong, I’m quoting here from The Times Of Israel, but the first three basic principles of this law are:

The land of Israel is the historical homeland of the Jewish people, in which the State of Israel was established.

Nothing wrong with that if it is then inclusive of others. The next basic principle is:

The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people, in which it fulfills its natural, cultural, religious and historical right to self-determination

Nothing wrong with that if it is then also inclusive of others. Then:

The right to exercise national self-determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people.

Hmmmm, not so good.

Ditto not so good that Arabic has been removed as an official language.

Ditto also not so good:

7 — Jewish settlement

A. The state views the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation.

I’m no expert, if I’m wrong on the above I’m interested to be corrected. Times of Israel says that was passed in to law by 62 to 55 votes in 2018. Perhaps the law has since been superseded?? Let me know.

Incidentally, I’ve said time and again this is not a one way thing, I don’t support others over Israel, I don’t think its all Israeli people, I certainly obviously don’t think its all Jewish people. I’m not a supporter of Iran or Syria. A murderous regime is a murderous regime, whatever their stripe.

It’s just that Israel is the one funded and protected by the West. Imagine another country in the area having an aggressive foreign policy, developing nuclear weapons and committing war crimes against its own people. We’d probably go for violent regime change over something like that.

State terrorism, they are the masters of it.

Ex-Mossad chief signals Israel attacked Iran nuclear assets

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The outgoing chief of Israel's Mossad intelligence service has offered the closest acknowledgment yet his country was behind recent attacks targeting Iran's nuclear program and a military scientist.

The comments by Yossi Cohen, speaking to Israel's Channel 12 investigative program “Uvda” in a segment aired Thursday night, offered an extraordinary debriefing by the head of the typically secretive agency in what appears to be the final days of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's rule.

It also gave a clear warning to other scientists in Iran's nuclear program that they too could become targets for assassination even as diplomats in Vienna try to negotiate terms to try to salvage its atomic accord with world powers.

“If the scientist is willing to change career and will not hurt us anymore, than yes, sometimes we offer them" a way out, Cohen said. Among the major attacks to target Iran, none have struck deeper than two explosions over the last year at its Natanz nuclear facility. There, centrifuges enrich uranium from an underground hall designed to protect them from airstrikes.

In July 2020, a mysterious explosion tore apart Natanz's advanced centrifuge assembly, which Iran later blamed on Israel. Then in April of this year, another blast tore apart one of its underground enrichment halls.

Discussing Natanz, the interviewer asked Cohen where he'd take them if they could travel there. Cohen said “to the cellar" where “the centrifuges used to spin.” “It doesn't look like it used to look,” he added.

Cohen did not directly claim the attacks, but his specificity offered the closest acknowledgement yet of an Israeli hand in the attacks. The interviewer, journalist Ilana Dayan, also seemingly offered a detailed description in a voiceover of how Israel snuck the explosives into Natanz's underground halls.

“The man who was responsible for these explosions, it becomes clear, made sure to supply to the Iranians the marble foundation on which the centrifuges are placed,” Dayan said. "As they install this foundation within the Natanz facility, they have no idea that it already includes an enormous amount of explosives.”

They also discussed the November killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, an Iranian scientist who began Tehran's military nuclear program decades ago. U.S. intelligence agencies and the International Atomic Energy Agency believe Iran abandoned that organized effort at seeking a nuclear weapon in 2003. Iran long has maintained its program is peaceful.

While Cohen on camera doesn't claim the killing, Dayan in the segment described Cohen as having "personally signed off on the entire campaign.” Dayan also described how a remotely operated machine gun fixed to a pickup truck killed Fakhrizadeh and later self-destructed.

Cohen described an Israeli effort to dissuade Iranian scientists from taking part in the program, which had seen some abandon their work after being warned, even indirectly, by Israel. Asked by the interviewer if the scientists understood the implications if they didn't stop, Cohen said: “They see their friends.”

https://www.mail.com/int/news/world/10859704-ex-mossad-chief-signals-israel-attacked-iran-nucle.html#.1272-stage-hero1-9

• Like 1

On 13/06/2021 at 22:45, LondonLax said:

I mean it’s good to see the back of Netanyahu but isn’t the new guy possibly even worse?

He's probably every bit as horrible personally, but hopefully he's a lot less devastatingly effective.

• Like 2

Â