Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All the kids that survive Israel‘s attempts to wipe out Hamas will be the next generations Hamas.  Wonder why they would have so much hatred towards Israel.

Yeah this is what bothers me about the whole "eradicate Hamas" rhetoric. You can't bomb an idea out of existence.

And I'm completely sympathetic to the idea of targeting the Hamas leadership militarily. I just don't think it gets you all that close to a solution when there is always a new generation coming through and all you are doing is radicalising them with their own experience of injustice.

And as @chrisp65says, the exact same process is happening on the other side. This is just a gigantic blood feud with no obvious end in sight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Unsure on the story, but Richard Kemp isn’t a very reliable source on anything involving Muslims

Twitter isn't a very reliable source. I've no idea why people use it to get information on current affairs. You've no idea if what you're scrolling through is true. If you want the news go to reputable media websites. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Twitter isn't a very reliable source. I've no idea why people use it to get information on current affairs. You've no idea if what you're scrolling through is true. If you want the news go to reputable media websites. 

Right. I'd like to think I'm a critical thinker, but I can't for the life of me discern what's real or not on there. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Twitter isn't a very reliable source. I've no idea why people use it to get information on current affairs. You've no idea if what you're scrolling through is true. If you want the news go to reputable media websites

Help me out here !

50 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think their plan is to move them to Egypt and Egypt isn't too keen on this idea. 

I know - it just seems that the West Bank seems to make more sense - from one part of Palestine to another. Israel seems to be pursuing a reduce/depopulate approach to Gaza and that to me would seem one of the ways to do it that would cause least international resistance.

6 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Would the West Bank want them?

i don't know - i'd assume they would, Palestinians would be happy to accommodate refugee Palestinians wouldn't they?

I don't know though - I'm not sure how the two parts work together, or how Israel considers them - I think they stopped the free movement of people between the two a while back, but I don't know how similar/complicated the situation is.

I can see why Egypt wouldn't want them, and i don't want to get caught up in the idea that they're just both 'Arab' so it should be okay- the UK would go nuts at the idea of taking a million Spaniards and we're both European. It just seems to me that if Israel wants to clear (and most likely appropriate) the North, kettle the South and then hope population decreases and they can eventually 'remove' Gaza  - I don't see why they wouldn't just offer the opportunity for a whole bunch of people to move to the other side of Palestine - it seems straightforward and would be much more palatable to a watching global audience with human rights concerns.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't see why they wouldn't just offer the opportunity for a whole bunch of people to move to the other side of Palestine - it seems straightforward and would be much more palatable to a watching global audience with human rights concerns.

Probably hatred, sadly.

There seems to be something of a stalemate going on between what pro-Israel voices want people and institutions in the UK to be, i.e. demonstrable in unequivocal support for Israel - and where the lay of the land actually is. The Wembley arch, the BBC not using the term terrorist, large protests in support of a free Palestine - these appear to be a reality that cannot be influenced. This is causing a lot of frustration isn't it?. 

Â