Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

10 hours ago, sne said:

Was a Danish guy and an Iraqi dude who did it but yeah it happened in Sweden. Taking advantage of the free speech regulations.

I do think it’s disrespectful and you’d think some people would have more sense knowing the backlash from the Muslim community. By doing stuff like burning the Koran some innocent poor bastards are going to have to pay with their lives. It’s absolutely bonkers. 

• Like 1

There is no moral high ground in this shitshow anymore. Israel dropping JDAMs on or near a hospital is a new low. It’s up there with Putin bombing a theatre full of children with the word children plastered all over the roof.

The consequences of this will lead to suffering on an unprecedented scale for years.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I do think it’s disrespectful and you’d think some people would have more sense knowing the backlash from the Muslim community. By doing stuff like burning the Koran some innocent poor bastards are going to have to pay with their lives. It’s absolutely bonkers. 

It's been speculated about the reasons behind the burnings in Sweden. All 3 guys have been said to possibly be working for Russia which I guess is possible. The Iraqi guy could also be doing it in an attempt to make himself impossible to deport back to Iraq as now he will be facing torture or worse there so we can't deport him. The Danish guy is a far right wing white supremacist who want's to cause exactly the response he was getting with riots and terrorism. And the 3rd guy who I think is a Swedish far right wing guy is the most likely one to be on the take from Russia.

They all knew very much what they were doing thou and what the response would be.

Edited by sne

Just now, sne said:

It's been speculated about the reasons behind the burnings. All 3 guys have been said to possible be working for Russia which I guess is possible. The Iraqi guy could also be doing it in an attempt to make himself impossible to deport back to Iraq as now he will be facing torture or worse there so we can't deport him. The Danish guy is a far right wing white supremacist who want's to cause exactly the response he was getting with riots and terrorism. And the 3rd guy who I think is a Swedish far right wing guy is the most likely one to be on the take from Russia.

They all knew very much what they were doing thou and what the response would be.

Well a big hooray for what they have achieved eh. 

• Like 1

Tricky isn’t it, on the one hand why do something so pointless that is so sensitive to people and so likely to result in innocent third parties being hurt.

On the other, it’s just a paper book, £4 on Amazon. People need to get over themselves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Israel bombing hospitals can't come as a surprise to anyone. They've done it before.

At least 500 killed and hundreds more trapped under the debris according reports (take them for what you will)

Apparently it was the last Christian hospital in the region as well. 800 casualties and counting. Horrible situation right now.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Israel are claiming it was a failed Hamas rocket launch that hit the hospital

They did that the last time they bombed a Palestinian hospital too.

12 hours ago, magnkarl said:

There is no moral high ground in this shitshow anymore. Israel dropping JDAMs on or near a hospital is a new low. It’s up there with Putin bombing a theatre full of children with the word children plastered all over the roof.

The consequences of this will lead to suffering on an unprecedented scale for years.

Or maybe not.Justin Bronk is one of the best/most experienced AirPower analysts in the UK.

Hamas HQ is under Al Shifa hospital in Gaza, so if the IAF was going to target a hospital it would be that one, not the Al Ahly hospital.

Edited by blandy
Twit screenshot removed. Link fixed

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

There's  a story coming out, a main Cancer treatment hospital has been hit in Gaza killing 100s. Hit righti in the centre too, so I doubt it was destined for another target. If true people should start dropping those Israel flags.

Indiscriminately bombing children and anyone fleeing on the designated “safe route” probably worse than a cancer hospital in the league table of abominations isn’t it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Indiscriminately bombing children and anyone fleeing on the designated “safe route” probably worse than a cancer hospital in the league table of abominations isn’t it 

Lots of people online embracing this narrative based on their priors. They’ll be reluctant to admit any error later, even if that’s where the evidence leads. 

if it's a Hamas rocket, it's a bigger rocket than they've ever had before - I guess they could have gotten something through from Iran, but then a bigger, more sophisticated rocket would be a lot less likely to fall short wouldn't it?

I'm not buying it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

if it's a Hamas rocket, it's a bigger rocket than they've ever had before - I guess they could have gotten something through from Iran, but then a bigger, more sophisticated rocket would be a lot less likely to fall short wouldn't it?

I'm not buying it.

Big rocket expert? Fair enough. 

There’s emotionally satisfying reactions, and there’s taking a breath and waiting for the smoke to clear, literally and metaphorically. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Big rocket expert? Fair enough. 

Not at all 

Does it seem likely to you?

It just doesn't add up - if 33% of these rockets fall short, then Hamas have landed hundreds in Gaza over the past week - does it seem likely only one of those has hit a target that makes the news, or that the only one of those that has the power to do this sort of damage has ended up hitting this target quite so accurately?

Â