Pre-match chat

mjmooney

20 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Thought this was quite interesting and worth sharing. He talks about how he set up tactically  to beat a defensively organized Newcastle (Benitez) team -  imagine he will see Villa in a similar way..... pass this on to Steve if you see him :)

If his half time team talk is like this video the players will be asleep in the changing room for the second half and it'll be an easy win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If his half time team talk is like this video the players will be asleep in the changing room for the second half and it'll be an easy win. 

Also looks like he's had all the other colour smarties and is saving the red and white ones till last. 

10 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Got 80/1 on my normal Villa to win 4:1 bet

All this hype about Fulham odds on Has every one out there forgot who they are playing

We are the Villa FFS. The mighty Villa and this our day 

What's the odds on the not, normal, Villa winning 4-1 ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeps said:

Seems every Fulham fan thinks this is already done and dusted? 

Terry is their target (even the manager said that today). 

I am bricking it already. 

Very naive if thats the case. I dont think mitrovic will have terry in his pocket ( they actually said that ) Terry is vastly experienced. Im more worried about the energy and ability of sessegnon and fredericks.

• Like 1

just watched highlights of the game early in the season v Fulham again, we should have scored probably 4 and had a pen that day. only 2 changes in the team from that day that they will have in the Final but we got to attack them high up the field like we did in this

Edited by walesavfc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, walesavfc said:

just watched highlights of the game early in the season v Fulham again, we should have scored probably 4 and had a pen that day. only 2 changes in the team from that day that they will have in the Final but we got to attack them high up the field like we did in this

The commentator calls them "The Cogatters" at the star of the video :D

Also how was that rugby tackle by Sessegnon on Kodjia not a penalty?

As it’s getting closer to the match, I really hope we smash them.

The general feeling from them that they are some sort of ‘Barcelona-lite’ and how ancient our team is, I don’t know why we’re even bothering to turn up!

They were on a good run, but I feel that they’ve run out of steam and we are going to punish them!

57 minutes ago, walesavfc said:

Onomah excellent that day. He'd never start, would he ? Horses for courses in my opinion. Much different side we face than boro.

10 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Here is my take on it for Saturday

Seeing Villa at Wembley is fantastic at anytime  (its the first time for me since the 1977 League Cup final against Everton 0-0 bore draw). If we win great, lets worry about life in the Prem League another day.

If we lose 3 - 0 well so be it, it will have been a day out and at least we will win more games in the Championship next season than we would have done in the Prem League. The downer would be of course the lack of dosh available.

The worse outcome is if we lose on penalties or a lucky last minute winner.....

I have seen Villa lose (against Tottingham in 1971 LCF 2 -0, then win against Naarwich 1-0 1975 LCF, and draw 0-0 against Everton)......

I am 60 next month.....to see Villa win on Saturday would be the best early birthday pressie ever!!!!

Regards to all

Del

I just love posts like this, when you with more experience share it with us. Hoping for a good early birthday present!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Onomah excellent that day. He'd never start, would he ? Horses for courses in my opinion. Much different side we face than boro.

He was playing Grealish's role that day and he did play well. But he doesn't start instead of Jack.

The only other changes playing that day were Whelan (most think Jedi will play at Wembley) and Kodjia was up top instead of Grabban. I would still play Grabban on Saturday on current form.

Of course Elmo is still a doubt, but I don't think Bruce will spring any surprises.

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

Prince Wills attendance confirmed. The planets are aligning! 

Planets definitely aligning --- 80/1 on 4:1 bet (last time we were 80/1 for 4:1 was when we played the dingles)---36th anniversary to the day we won European cup===Its our day

9 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The general feeling from them that they are some sort of ‘Barcelona-lite’ and how ancient our team is, I don’t know why we’re even bothering to turn up!

I don’t mind THEIR fans viewing it that way, but.......

re the planets aligning......don't forget Alan Hutton to score the winner with the last kick of the game at 90 mins + 7 mins injury time ......

Regards to all

Del

14 hours ago, deeps said:

Seems every Fulham fan thinks this is already done and dusted? 

Terry is their target (even the manager said that today). 

I am bricking it already. 

Nothing would make me happier than for them to target John Terry.

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

Prince Wills attendance confirmed. The planets are aligning! 

I’m as desperate for any mystical portents or omens as the next guy, but in what respect does him going add to our good karma ? Am I missing something ?

I can throw into the mix that I found my lucky Wembley shirt from the two 90’s wins.

Sadly it appears to have shrunk in the cupboard, being now at least 4 XLs too small.....?

• Haha 2