Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/18 at 22:59

Not a classic but job done. Oh and a special shout out to the t*ss*r Boro fans in the coach park who started throwing coins at the Villa fans heading home. I now have nice lump on my head from where I was hit!

Edited by Harry

What was with that banner on the roof of the holte? Can only assume it was to come down if we won, but pitch invasion ruined it. 

Also so what was the new song on before the match (after Ozzy) and at half time? I liked it. 

Oh yeah, Jedinak. What a man. All great blokes tonight. Good work everyone. 

Edited by blunther

about 30 mins before the game sat i posted this in the pre match thread :

LakotaDakota Posted Saturday at 16:59 : Hmm just Fired up fifa, editied to todays line-ups for both teams and let the CPU play both sides. Finished 0-0, We had slightly more posession & shots but downing hit the bar for them.

Weirdly the shot that hit the bar in the fifa sim was from a downing free-kick  just outside the box although Whelan had given that one away.

Guess Fifa was pretty accurate, even if it was fot the wrong game

Not a comfortable watch, but such a great result. I think we thoroughly deserved the win over 180 minutes, but a goal tonight would have made for easier viewing. 

I have to say, I’m not sure the 1-0 advantage did us any favours, but in any case we did what we needed and all that is left is a one off game at Wembley. This is anyone’s and all I can do is hope we come out on top a week on Saturday. 

UTV

Got up at 3:45 am to watch that. Of course it was 0 0.

Thought Adomah was excellent tonight, was often the only outlet but consistently kept possession which stopped us getting sucked too deep and created a couple of good chances with low crosses for Grabban and Hourihane.

Job done and we looked comfortable throughout, Fulham will be a tougher test but we are plenty good enough if we get it right.

38 minutes ago, blunther said:

What was with that banner on the roof of the holte? Can only assume it was to come down if we won, but pitch invasion ruined it. 

Also so what was the new song on before the match (after Ozzy) and at half time? I liked it. 

Oh yeah, Jedinak. What a man. All great blokes tonight. Good work everyone. 

im pretty sure it was a song from rocky 4. Thats if im thinking about the same song used on the villa type montage where it starts off with us missing chances, then shows goals against wolves and grealish scoring that goal against millwall.

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not a classic but job done. Oh and a special shout out to the t*ss*r Boro fans in the coach park who started throwing coins at the Villa fans heading home. I now have nice lump on my head from where I was hit!

It’s the only thing ‘Boro got on target tonight. 

(P.s. Hope you’re okay)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smg said:

Who knows ? Who cares now ?

I don’t :) just a talking point. I’ve seen another angle on a replay but they stop it before it hits Johnstone’s hand so it looks half a foot out, that’s probably what’s been taken as gospel and why there’s fury from Boro.

Edited by a m ole

Â