Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/18 at 22:59

SCENES

Chester for me MOTM, my man of the season too. Gonna be turgid I think in the final, but one off game who knows. We could spank em like when wolves came to villa park.

• Like 1

**** me that was tense between 85 and 90 mins. 

However the injury time was superbly managed.

Mike Deans incompetence benefitted us for once, although we should have had a pen earlier when Chester had his shirt ripped from his back, so it balances.

• Like 1

Things all went to shit in the last 5 minutes and I feared the worst but lady luck and the crossbar saved us. 

16 shots to 4 though, we can't be accused of playing for the draw. 

• Like 1

Love it. Second half was pretty good, too, after a dreadful first. Defensively, we are very strong. 

Too early for celebrations, though. We’ve a tough game ahead to make sure all of this wasn’t for nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ponky said:

Things all went to shit in the last 5 minutes and I feared the worst but lady luck and the crossbar saved us. 

Pulis can be though....

He'll be delighted with the clean sheet

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The boys look almost as teary eyed as me ffs. Never thought a semi final would do this to me.

If a semi gives you tears, wait for the big one at Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ponky said:

Precisely. We dominated them in the second half and nullified them over the full 180 minutes.

Watched the entire game without any sound. In a quiet room at 5am by yourself there really aren't too many distractions, other than perhaps your own emotions.

My thoughts are that we played relatively well. Nullified their options well and put pressure on the ball constantly. Had the better chances.

Bring on Fulham. 

• Like 1

Much better second half. We kept the ball so much better.  Jedinak was immense.  I thought Ref did a good job but he should have sent Johnstone off. We all must have thought he was off and would have missed final. 

But he didn’t and we won! And we’re going to Wembley. 

It’s about time we got the bit of luck we deserve. 

BRING ON FULHAM! 

Â