Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/18 at 22:59

Will be a much better game of football at Wembley imo. Pullis just grinds out results with that freak Traore which you just have to double up on.

Fulham are a more rounded team but I think they won't be able to handle the pressure. We thrashed Wolves and I can't see why we can't do the same to Fulham. 

• Like 1

Jedinak was a beast, Terry was a beast, Chester was a beast.

Good performances all round, Bree was out of position a few times though but was generally solid.

Hourihane owes us a big performance at Wembley, he's had an ok season but has been a bit off the boil the last 10 games or so.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a shame it's the club that gets fined and not the people running on the pitch. At least you got to run on some grass. Totally worth hitting Tony in the pocket. 

Wow. Running on the pitch. Wooooooo.

• Like 1

So happy we finished the job, it was not going to be a foregone conclusion and we could easily have slipped up. I was confident after Saturday, but had a few doubts creep in and thought if we conceded first it could all go wrong. Thankfully a professional performance kept Middlesbrough fairly quiet.

On to Wembley now and a one off game against Fulham where anything can happen. They beat us, but we have also beaten them earlier in the season. It will be definitely be a tough game and Fulham will probably be favourites, but we should not fear them. 

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m gutted I missed out on tickets. I would have ran on the pitch. It’s on the chance you can do it with your clothes on and not get arrested or banned. 

Well the trouble is that it’s tge one game where we’d really have loved to acknowledge the players, and celebrate with them . And we couldn’t..... I was a bit philosophical about it but there was a lot of fans in the Upper Holte going mental, and I don’t blame them.

Must admit though I did run on the pitch myself, mind you I was 8 years old. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dunno, I'm not pro-pitch invasions in the slightest but Kodj, Grealish and Terry looked like they were loving it.

I’m pleased about that. (Genuinely).

Not so bad then. Still would’ve preferred to have them come up to the Holte but if the players got a kick out of it that’s good.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Bruceball > Pulisball

Big Wembley pitch will be tough on us, but Jack likes that place... UTV!

'Big Wembley pitch' is 1m wider than VP, and the same length. 2m longer than Craven Cottage, but same width. 

Not sure it's going to have much impact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

'Big Wembley pitch' is 1m wider than VP, and the same length. 2m longer than Craven Cottage, but same width. 

Yeah Merson drooled out that myth earlier on Sky. You'd think the interviewer would correct him.

Only caught the second half but I liked what I saw. Great all-round performance which kept boro firmly in our pockets.

How good is Darren Randolph? A lesser keeper could easily have let in a couple.

Thank you Mike Dean for not sending off Johnstone. You are the most useless ref in the kingdom but this time it worked in our favour.

So good to see how together the players are.

EDIT: forgot to say well done to Bree for holding his own in such a pressure situation.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Jedinak's gait is technically 50cm wider than anyone else's so that's something. 

• Haha 1

Â