2nd leg pre match

Demitri_C

Looks like Ayala is fit for fight tonight, which is good news for us as he is basically our only weapon on set pieces for. 

Would not be suprised if Adama is on the bench, rumors are that Pulis is thinking to introduce him into the game 2nd half when (hopefully) your experienced defenders are knackered. I really hope it is just a rumor though. He is by far our best player (when he wants to be) and the game could very easily be over for us before the 2nd half. Im a true believer of always starting with your strongest team, and Adama should be one of the first names on the team sheet, if you ask me. 

Also talk that Fabio might get the nod ahead of Shotton (i really hope so!). 

So important that we move the ball quicker this time round, and get the ball to Adama before yous stick 2 or 3 players around him so he can do what he does best. A big ask though, against such an experienced side as yourselves. We also need to move the whole team quicker up the field, Brit, then Bamford when he came on were all to isolated and just eaten up by your big fellas in the first game. Hoping Bamford starts ahead of Brit tonight. 

Getting very nervous now!

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what Pulis does tonight.  Chasing games is not his style.  He's more the 'defend a lead' type.  So this might play into our hands.  Stylewise, can he afford to sit back and catch us on the counter?  I don't think so.  We're experienced enough at the back and at 6 not to give them openings or lose our shape.  I don't want to tempt fate or make assumptions, but on the face of it this whole scenario is everything Pulis is not traditionally good at.  Now would be a really good time for Kodjia to re-discover his goalscoring touch.

Personally i'm going with:

Johnstone

Hutton, Terry, Chester, AnyonebutTaylor

Thor

Snodgrass, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah

Grabban

I'm not sure Jedinak can do another game so quickly and Thor, whilst not being as impressive in the air as Jedinak, still adds height but most importantly a bit more mobility. I think he will help us to defend set pieces and could do a good job sweeping up some of Adama's loose dribbling. 

Would not want to see Kodjia back for this one. So poor when he came on in the first game he actually looked awkward to me. Davis on the bench would imo be a much better option to hold the ball up if Villa are under pressure in the latter part of tonight’s game.

33 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Personally i'm going with:

Johnstone

Hutton, Terry, Chester, AnyonebutTaylor

Thor

Snodgrass, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah

Grabban

I'm not sure Jedinak can do another game so quickly and Thor, whilst not being as impressive in the air as Jedinak, still adds height but most importantly a bit more mobility. I think he will help us to defend set pieces and could do a good job sweeping up some of Adama's loose dribbling. 

If jedinak doesn't play it'll be Whelan.

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Rest some key players ahead of the tie that's ages away

Bunn

Bree Samba Richards Taylor

O'Hare Doyle-Hayes Westwood Agbonlahor

Hogan McCormack

Don't be daft, Richards left ages ago....

1 hour ago, Borofaninnorway said:

Would not be suprised if Adama is on the bench, rumors are that Pulis is thinking to introduce him into the game 2nd half when (hopefully) your experienced defenders are knackered. I really hope it is just a rumor though. He is by far our best player (when he wants to be) and the game could very easily be over for us before the 2nd half. Im a true believer of always starting with your strongest team, and Adama should be one of the first names on the team sheet, if you ask me. 

Pulis had better make room for Hutton on your bench!

• Haha 3

Everyone talking selections and tactics and I'm just pumped up with excitement to my eyeballs, the atmosphere tonight should be electric.

When is it too early to start drinking? Need to calm myself. Nvm driving later, hot cocoa it is.

And breathe.