2nd leg pre match

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

No idea why they play these semis 3 days apart then have a 11/12 day gap before the final, Why not just play Sat-Sat & the final the following Sat

Ticket sales and so that the three finals are played on the three day weekend.

On 12/05/2018 at 22:13, Demitri_C said:

Your post is very strange. Stating a fact is now deemed as moaning? Wierd.

Did we attack second half? Nope

We are inviting pressure on ourselves if we are not creating. It will be  abit ask to put in another defensive masterclass like we did 2nd half. We need to take the game to them first half. Vet another goal then hopefully with a two goal advantage we can do it.

Agree with this. Another performance like the second half and I feel Boro will win the tie. Got to forget about the one goal advantage and go all out to win the second game especially when at home.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree with this. Another performance like the second half and I feel Boro will win the tie. Got to forget about the one goal advantage and go all out to win the second game especially when at home.

I agree mate. We need to go into the game thinking its 0-0 get a goal and then shut up shop. If we go defending the lead from the start i really do think we will lose this.

We need to take the game to them. The few attacks we did at boro did cause them massive issues and one of those lead to the goal.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 08:38, Nigel said:

Losing Elmo is a massive blow; Hope Bree can step up as the thought of Taylor terrifies me!

Changes please Mr Bruce, learn the lessons from past games, especially QPR.

Bjarnason will play at I'd imagine.....

34 minutes ago, Borofaninnorway said:

Boro fan in Peace. Firstly, congrats on the 1-0 win. Of course, this is not over by a long shot, but i have to say, Bruce set you guys up fantastically for that first game.

We could not carve yous open at all, and for all Our possesion, had Limited chances (and some WOEFUL shooting!). I was especially dissapointed With Adamas performance. He went back to his old ways... trying to do it all by himself and running into dead ends, which left us open for the Counter attack from you guys (i felt a lot of this was to do With how yous had 2,3 playes around him straight away, getting his head Down so he didnt have the time to see the openings around him) . Or Maybe the occasion got to him and he felt he had something to prove? Anyways, I hope he has got it out of his system and can get back to the Adama of late whom has proven to be leathal. And I hope he can release the ball a bit quicker when we play yous at Villa park, because it should be a plus for us that yous put 2/3 players on him, if he can see the Spaces opening up for his team mates.

I have to say, i feel it is a mighty task we have Ahead of us, to beat yous on Your own turf, but not an impossible one. I think the game will be dead and buried if yous get the first goal in the Next game, purely because yous proved in that first game how routined yous are defensivley. But, if we can get an early goal, or keep it 0-0 as long as possible, then i can imagine nerves could set in and then its anybodys for the taking. One thing i do believe, is that, whomever wins between Villa and Boro, will go on to get promoted. I think both of us have that right Balance of an experienced Coach (i know not many of you rate Pulis, and a lot of us boro fans had Our doubts about him, but he has got Adama and Bamford to shine for us this 2nd half of the season, which all previous managers have failed to do so!) and players that is so vital in a play off situation.

Absolutely gutted about the goal we conceded against yous, horrible marking from Shotton, and no one on the back post?!?!?! Really gutted about that. But on the Whole, i think yous deserved the 1-0 win, i just hope Our lads start to move the ball a bit quicker in the 2nd game and make it as difficult as possible for you lot. Looks like Ayala is out for us, big loss, he is Our biggest arial threat on set pieces. 

I am hoping we start With Bamford over Brit. I can imagine yous will have alot of bodies behind the ball, and i think this will suite Bamfords quick feet, and ability to find little Pockets of Space over Brits running in behind game. Plus i have more faith in Bamfords finishing ability over Brits. If Ayala is unable to play, then i hope we move Shotton ito CB, and have Fabios energy coming up and Down the flank.

I am so nervous and excitied about this Next game! By no means is it easy to get a result at Villa Park! And i can imagine it will be an awesome atmosphere, and yous have some cracking players. But, we are resiliant, and have a never say die attitude. May the best team win!

Boro fan in Peace.  

Welcome. 

Some good points there. We have our injury problem at rb which is a concern. I can't imagine adama playing as crap as he did first game so again we will have to be at our best and try restrict the amoujtvof set plays.

The thing that irritates me more than anything about pulis teams is the towels rubbing the ball for throw one. Its just time wasting and does absolutely nothing.  

Hoping for a villa win. It will be a electric atmsophere at villa park I just hope the players dont let us down and get the job done. None of us have taken this lead for granted we know it means very little at this stage. 

14 minutes ago, hogso said:

I've been selected for the 'kick the ball from the holte and make a fool of yourself' thing. Any tips on how to kick a football in front of up to 40,000 people? 

Toe punt !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

I agree we should be trying to win the game (and I have no doubt that that is exactly what we will be doing)

But going "all out" wouldn't be the most sensible thing to do. We're 1-0 up. If we get to 60 minutes and the home leg is 0-0 I have no problem with us shutting up shop and seeing the game out

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree we should be trying to win the game (and I have no doubt that that is exactly what we will be doing)

But going "all out" wouldn't be the most sensible thing to do. We're 1-0 up. If we get to 60 minutes and the home leg is 0-0 I have no problem with us shutting up shop and seeing the game out

Shutting up shop is actually a valid tactic for us in the Championship. I think a lot of Villa fans still have nightmares about the last few years in the Prem when we were constantly trying to hang onto leads and inevitably conceding late goals all the time.

Edited by AVFCDAN

49 minutes ago, hogso said:

I've been selected for the 'kick the ball from the holte and make a fool of yourself' thing. Any tips on how to kick a football in front of up to 40,000 people? 

aim for the middle of that target Good Luck, we will all be cheering for you

3 hours ago, Borofaninnorway said:

May the best team win!

We aim to. ;) Two years down here was more than enough good luck to yous guys for next season's promotion push. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

The pitch is sloped for drainage, 9/10 people's shots go down this slope. Adjust for the slope.

3 hours ago, hogso said:

My other half had a chance to do this a few years back (before Rewards) and managed to nearly take out a steward less than 20m from her at a 45° angle from where she should have been shooting. So just beat that...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogso said:

My other half had a chance to do this a few years back (before Rewards) and managed to nearly take out a steward less than 20m from her at a 45° angle from where she should have been shooting. So just beat that...