Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That black panther 2 looks a **** mess. It looks like black panther vs aquaman

That's pretty much what it is, just without black panther... 

The rumours have started already that Namor is an anti hero so baddie in this film but goodie in the next and that in this the influencer will be shown at the end and be the big bad moving forward 

Spoiler

Dr Doom

Namor is an anti hero in a lot of portrayals and he's fought against Wakanda a few times. Not sure about how they've chosen to make Atlantis a Mayan civilisation but I guess it's something different.

They will have to 'sell' the new Black Panther. Comic fans shouldn't be bothered, T'challa has been replaced before.

Hopefully the rumours are right and we do get

Spoiler

Doom

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Namor is an anti hero in a lot of portrayals and he's fought against Wakanda a few times. Not sure about how they've chosen to make Atlantis a Mayan civilisation but I guess it's something different.

They will have to 'sell' the new Black Panther. Comic fans shouldn't be bothered, T'challa has been replaced before.

Hopefully the rumours are right and we do get

Hide contents

Doom

Spoiler

Surely that would mean a much needed ‘better’ Fantastic Four?

Hoping John Krasinski’s cameo in Dr Strange - MOM this year is a sign of things to come. 

42 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Phase 5 & 6 look pretty epic to me. 

Yeah two new avenger films. Nit sure how that will work without iron man and captain america but be interesting to see

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's pretty much what it is, just without black panther... 

The rumours have started already that Namor is an anti hero so baddie in this film but goodie in the next and that in this the influencer will be shown at the end and be the big bad moving forward 

Reveal hidden contents

Dr Doom

Dont look great to me 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

She hulk looks absolutely **** terrible but linked to everything so it'll have to be watched

Awesome 

Ain't no way I'm watching that, the trailer was painful.

• Like 1

No eternals 2 and nothing with Jon snows knight character (he'll be in blade) 

Got no interest in the witch show so hope that doesn't tie in to anything important, not sold on echo either but the rest of it I'll watch 

Excited about blade and daredevil 

I loved the original movies and I think what they did with infinity war and endgame is probably the greatest thing in cinema history. 

But I'm struggling to get interested now. I enjoyed wandavision and loki and was excited about the multiverse but after watching Dr Strange and the multiverse of madness I just can't be bothered with it anymore. Way too many TV shows to watch doesn't help. 

Its too big to fail but I don't see how they keep the quality high.

Me and CarryOnLad loved The MCU, but since Endgame our interests have drifted, his more than mine. Phase 4 has been a bloat fest of meh, but there’s been some goodies in there. These phase 5/6 stuff is starting to  look a little tasty… F4 and Secret Wars 👌

I’m hoping F4 and secret wars is based on the Jonathan Hickman’s comics …. His F4 and Avengers run were sublime. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Only read The Hulk in the mid 80's and watched that glorious TV show but when did he become a pure comedy character? Is that a Disney thing or is that from the comics?

7 hours ago, sne said:

Only read The Hulk in the mid 80's and watched that glorious TV show but when did he become a pure comedy character? Is that a Disney thing or is that from the comics?

It's a Disney thing. There's been comedic stuff involving the Hulk in the comics but usually it verges more into the dramatic. I believe the current (very, very well received) run I'd basically a cosmic horror title with some really whacky stuff being covered, but not from a funny perspective.

The MCU generally doesn't take itself seriously and pushes the comedy aspects more than the comics did. Which has worked to the series benefit but it has meant that the characters have strayed from their comic origins.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a Disney thing. There's been comedic stuff involving the Hulk in the comics but usually it verges more into the dramatic. I believe the current (very, very well received) run I'd basically a cosmic horror title with some really whacky stuff being covered, but not from a funny perspective.

The MCU generally doesn't take itself seriously and pushes the comedy aspects more than the comics did. Which has worked to the series benefit but it has meant that the characters have strayed from their comic origins.

Its become the Disney problem

It worked with GotG, then it worked again with ant man, then it worked even better with thor.... Then they did if to every single **** character... 

Said before their biggest problem imo is they've moved away from each character have different genres attached to them and they've become the same repetitive bland action films with comedic tones

Its why winter soldier is still probably my favourite MCU film

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its become the Disney problem

It worked with GotG, then it worked again with ant man, then it worked even better with thor.... Then they did if to every single **** character... 

Said before their biggest problem imo is they've moved away from each character have different genres attached to them and they've become the same repetitive bland action films with comedic tones

Its why winter soldier is still probably my favourite MCU film

I dunno, they have always done the family friendly action movie with some comedy thing. Some lean more into the comedy, and some place heavier focus on genre tropes they want to borrow, but fundamentally the films have the same tone.

I think the problem with this phase has basically weaker concepts and weaker scripts, with a few high points. Phase 4 has given us, movie wise, Black Widow, Shang-chi, Eternals, No Way Home, Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 and closes with Black Panther 2. Black Widow is a perfectly fine action movie that acts as a side story, it's only relevance to the ongoing story being the introduction of Yelena. Shang-chi is its own thing and plays with Hong Kong martial arts movies and Eastern fantasy stories, which is alright and has lots of fun moments. Eternals is a mess, it's not something that could be successfully done in a single movie and as a result it's a car crash. No Way Home is great fun. Dr Strange 2 is a horror/fantasy/scifi with Raimi's signature style but as a result is divisive and doesn't use it's concept very well. I've not seen Thor yet but by all accounts it's fine with a take on romcom tropes, it's just not Ragnarok good. In the TV stuff we have WandaVision, Falcon and the a Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. WandaVision was fine, you have to get past the conceit/concept and it does shy away from the places it hints at going, but it's decent. Falcon was weaker, poor villains and plot. Loki was solid but ultimately lead to fairly small pay off. Hawkeye is fun, a nice low end side story. Moon Knight is its own thing and the best thing in the MCU, and by all accounts Ms. Marvel has been good fun.

The problem these have is they're all basically epilogues. Only a couple of them tie into bigger stories and even they aren't exactly the best material they're working with. They need to push on to the next big saga. This phase has basically acted as very low end set up of new stuff and closure of old stuff. But you also have to remember where we were with Phase 1. That had some choppy stuff as well. And so did Phase 2.

15 hours ago, sne said:

I think it's also because She-Hulk is more of a comedic series, I mean we're getting 4th wall breaks just like in her comics, so they're gonna hammer on the jokes in this with all the characters.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I dunno, they have always done the family friendly action movie with some comedy thing. Some lean more into the comedy, and some place heavier focus on genre tropes they want to borrow, but fundamentally the films have the same tone.

I think the problem with this phase has basically weaker concepts and weaker scripts, with a few high points. Phase 4 has given us, movie wise, Black Widow, Shang-chi, Eternals, No Way Home, Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 and closes with Black Panther 2. Black Widow is a perfectly fine action movie that acts as a side story, it's only relevance to the ongoing story being the introduction of Yelena. Shang-chi is its own thing and plays with Hong Kong martial arts movies and Eastern fantasy stories, which is alright and has lots of fun moments. Eternals is a mess, it's not something that could be successfully done in a single movie and as a result it's a car crash. No Way Home is great fun. Dr Strange 2 is a horror/fantasy/scifi with Raimi's signature style but as a result is divisive and doesn't use it's concept very well. I've not seen Thor yet but by all accounts it's fine with a take on romcom tropes, it's just not Ragnarok good. In the TV stuff we have WandaVision, Falcon and the a Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. WandaVision was fine, you have to get past the conceit/concept and it does shy away from the places it hints at going, but it's decent. Falcon was weaker, poor villains and plot. Loki was solid but ultimately lead to fairly small pay off. Hawkeye is fun, a nice low end side story. Moon Knight is its own thing and the best thing in the MCU, and by all accounts Ms. Marvel has been good fun.

The problem these have is they're all basically epilogues. Only a couple of them tie into bigger stories and even they aren't exactly the best material they're working with. They need to push on to the next big saga. This phase has basically acted as very low end set up of new stuff and closure of old stuff. But you also have to remember where we were with Phase 1. That had some choppy stuff as well. And so did Phase 2.

I think the big issue with phase four is the lack of involvement from Feige compared to phases 1-3.

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No eternals 2 and nothing with Jon snows knight character (he'll be in blade) 

Got no interest in the witch show so hope that doesn't tie in to anything important, not sold on echo either but the rest of it I'll watch 

Excited about blade and daredevil 

As much as I didn't really enjoy the first movie, this is what I thought.

No Starfox either.

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

As much as I didn't really enjoy the first movie, this is what I thought.

No Starfox either.

I've seen a leak of the presentation since, there's about 5 empty slots on phase 6 so they could do it, no TV shows yet either 

They showed the dates but then only announced F4 and the 2 avengers films 

I must be the only one who isn’t excited about Fantastic 4. Just always boring too me (I’m just going off all the other films). Reed Richards is stuck up his own arse, The Thing doesn’t really use his powers. Just boring.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I must be the boy one who isn’t excited about Fantastic 4. Just always boring too me (I’m just going off all the other films). Reed Richards is stuck up his own arse, The Thing doesn’t really use his powers. Just boring.

Yeah I agree

Â