Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I didn't realise Raimi did that one, might have to scope that one out as well then

You'll know from the minute you start it mate, I was playing 'spot the Raimi shot' all the way through 😁

On 14/09/2022 at 20:00, leemond2008 said:

I'm gunna go and take a look to see exactly what MCU films I haven't seen 

I know I lost a shed load of interest after End Game

Captain Marvel

captain marvel
black widow
shang chi
Eternals
Doc Strange multiverse
Thor L&T

Out of the Series on Disney the only one I have watched is Wandavision...well I watched the Netflix ones as well and I guess the door is open for them to be in the same universe now with Matt Murdock being in Spiderman...was it Spiderman that he was in? 

I thought there were more films that I hadn't seen, the only 2 that I would potentially watch out of that list is Shang Chi and Thor.

People have suggested Shang Chi and Doctor Strange 2, and Black Widow is enjoyable enough too. Of the TV Shows you haven't watched Hawkeye and Loki are both really good. I'd say they're maybe the best two TV shows. I thought they were both two of the best things in the whole MCU.

Falcon and Winter Soldier is watchable, though it's a bit exposition-y especially at the beginning. It's passable, but some of the character changes are significant, and it introduces US Agent, who was a good character. She Hulk is good too, but it's a very different tone, very light...the episodes are short. Ms Marvel is also fine tbh, but it does get a bit cheesy and is aimed a bit younger. 

With those other films, for me I found Shang Chi a bit boring, Doctor Strange 2 suffers from stuffing too much in, especially at the beginning, but there are some memorable moments in it—and when the Raimi stuff kicks in, the film takes on a tone you rarely see in the MCU.

Captain Marvel is pants and Eternals feels half hearted and is pretty dull.

I haven't seen Thor yet. 

Edit: oh and Moon Knight is really bad imo. 

Edited by Rolta

9 hours ago, Rolta said:

Of the TV Shows you haven't watched Hawkeye and Loki are both really good. I'd say they're maybe the best two TV shows. I thought they were both two of the best things in the whole MCU.

Spot on.  👍

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 19:00, leemond2008 said:

Captain Marvel

captain marvel
black widow
shang chi
Eternals
Doc Strange multiverse
Thor L&T

Out of the Series on Disney the only one I have watched is Wandavision...well I watched the Netflix ones as well and I guess the door is open for them to be in the same universe now with Matt Murdock being in Spiderman...was it Spiderman that he was in? 

I thought there were more films that I hadn't seen, the only 2 that I would potentially watch out of that list is Shang Chi and Thor.

Shang Chi is great definitely worth a watch 

On 14/09/2022 at 11:46, Designer1 said:

Also, re.the end credits:

Hide contents

Absolutely love that Brett Goldstein got the Hercules gig - one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

He's got absolute pelters for it as the Internet seems to think he's not muscley enough for it 

Apparently cast at really short notice and will no doubt get in those magic marvel pills before the next film

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He's got absolute pelters for it as the Internet seems to think he's not muscley enough for it 

Apparently cast at really short notice and will no doubt get in those magic marvel pills before the next film

It's not magic, it's chicken, broccoli and rice and a unique workout plan that let's them add a stone of muscle in a few weeks. If you pay them £50 a month they'll tell you what that exercise plan that is. Nothing dodgy at all. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's not magic, it's chicken, broccoli and rice and a unique workout plan that let's them add a stone of muscle in a few weeks. If you pay them £50 a month they'll tell you what that exercise plan that is. Nothing dodgy at all. 

I was half joking about the pills 

He will of course have marvels PT and dieticians looking after him and working with him every day, it will be incredibly professional and I'm sure any of us could also do if we had the money and more importantly the time, I wouldn't have the time or lifestyle to do it, I've got 2 kids and a 9 to 5 job he's getting paid to do it 

I'd be surprised if he's not also on cocktails of proteins, bcaa, creatine, whatever else there is out there, again all controlled professionally 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I was half joking about the pills 

He will of course have marvels PT and dieticians looking after him and working with him every day, it will be incredibly professional and I'm sure any of us could also do if we had the money and more importantly the time, I wouldn't have the time or lifestyle to do it, I've got 2 kids and a 9 to 5 job he's getting paid to do it 

I'd be surprised if he's not also on cocktails of proteins, bcaa, creatine, whatever else there is out there, again all controlled professionally 

I was completely joking. Getting that large and that defined on it's own is incredibly difficult to do naturally, let alone doing it that quickly. There's a running joke in bodybuilding circles about how actors can't admit getting artificial help and contribute everything to just eating chicken, rice and broccoli whilst also selling to naive beginners. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

There's a running joke in bodybuilding circles about how actors can't admit getting artificial help

"Like your Popeye, he ate his spinach every day."

ivan-drago.gif

• Haha 1

I watched Thor love and Thunder last night 

I like  Waititi and the humour he puts into his films , but this one felt like I was watching a film made for 10 year olds  … not terrible but a slight taint on the the Thor legacy of being the second best films in the  marvel series behind GOTG.

and WTF were they thinking with Russel Crowe , that role and acting was embarrassing and should end his career .. yet from the end credits it suggests not 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

well, I tried watching Doc Strange 2, managed about an hour and fell asleep, doubt I'll go back and finish it.

That was some sleep though, I think I was out for about an hour and a half

The first half isn't good at all. It gets a bit better in the second half. And a few interesting people turn up. 

I'm going to go back and finish Doc Strange later and I've just put on Thor L&T and feel like smashing my TV already, about 5 minutes in and its already infuriating.

Several of the jokes have been painfully unfunny and Thor himself is already a walking parody.

I really am trying with these films but my god, the MCU has taken a turn for the worse.

• Like 3

On 14/09/2022 at 19:00, leemond2008 said:

Captain Marvel

captain marvel
black widow
shang chi
Eternals
Doc Strange multiverse
Thor L&T

Captain Marvel was meh.

Really liked Black Widow, although I think Florence Pugh outshone the lead.

Not seen Shang Chi or Eternals

Hated Doc Strange 2, turned off after about 30 mins, although a few have said I should persevere. 

Thor L&T I quite liked. It's a mess, but there are some funny parts for sure. Also thought Bale was a good villain. 

Only seen Wandavision of the TV stuff, but liked it.

5 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm going to go back and finish Doc Strange later and I've just put on Thor L&T and feel like smashing my TV already, about 5 minutes in and its already infuriating.

Several of the jokes have been painfully unfunny and Thor himself is already a walking parody.

I really am trying with these films but my god, the MCU has taken a turn for the worse.

Back to Doc Strange and FFS now Charles Xavier has just rocked up

Thore was a bag of shite by the way

• Like 1

Mess is the right word for thor L&T, there's some really good bits in there that work such as the colours at the end, I'd even give them the relationship between Jane and Thor but then it's littered with some absolutely bizarre stuff, the stormbreaker thing was bollocks and how the **** did he think the goats worked? Probably doesn't help that he went back to those 2 things over and over again too

One of its biggest problems was the whole middle part with the gods was guff, omniscient city and zeus didn't work at all, agree on crowe, Hercules won't work either if they make him talk like that

Bale stole the show and the fight scenes were pretty cool

Â