Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

8 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ms Marvel really is very good.

She-hulk however... Oh dear.

She Hulk is a completely different tone and style to anything else they've done, more like a sitcom. It's grown on me a fair bit as I think it's genuinely entertaining and I like She Hulk herself. Her friends are a bit annoying though. I like it that the stakes are completely different. No skybeam here. 

I've enjoyed Ms Marvel too as you say, but it gets a bit cheesy after a while. I still have one more episode. 

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

She Hulk is a completely different tone and style to anything else they've done, more like a sitcom. It's grown on me a fair bit as I think it's genuinely entertaining and I like She Hulk herself. Her friends are a bit annoying though. I like it that the stakes are completely different. No skybeam here. 

I've enjoyed Ms Marvel too as you say, but it gets a bit cheesy after a while. I still have one more episode. 

It's very sitcom-esque. Maybe it'll settle into itself after a bit but it just seems a bit too try-hard to me.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mess is the right word for thor L&T, there's some really good bits in there that work such as the colours at the end, I'd even give them the relationship between Jane and Thor but then it's littered with some absolutely bizarre stuff, the stormbreaker thing was bollocks and how the **** did he think the goats worked? Probably doesn't help that he went back to those 2 things over and over again too

One of its biggest problems was the whole middle part with the gods was guff, omniscient city and zeus didn't work at all, agree on crowe, Hercules won't work either if they make him talk like that

Bale stole the show and the fight scenes were pretty cool

I think the goats are a reference to comics/actual Norse mythology. I think as a one-off joke the screaming would have been alright, but it was so grating by the end of jt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

I think the goats are a reference to comics/actual Norse mythology. I think as a one-off joke the screaming would have been alright, but it was so grating by the end of jt

Yeah that's what I was referring to, they do it 6 maybe 7 times? And it wasn't funny the first time 

10 hours ago, Rolta said:

Yep.  She Hulk I watch with my daughter and we're really enjoying it. Lighter in tone as you say.  Light entertainment/ sitcom style, but genuinely done really well.  

Ms Marvel was OK-ish. But I found it fairly forgettable.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Nope, still finding she-hulk to be almost entirely awful. Clichéd, predictable and unfunny, like the worst of the American sitcoms of the last few years.

Ms Marvel was a much better show. Well written, thoughtful and engaging.

Spoiler

How many American sitcoms are about a giant Hulk lady, a lawyer for superheroes, whose branding is stolen from her by an influencer supervillain? To be fair I haven't watched any recent American sitcoms, so maybe you're more talking about the jokes/character interactions.

I don't know, I watch it with my girlfriend and it goes down well. She wouldn't watch anything else from the MCU.

Just finished Ms Marvel tonight. Really enjoyable. Much better than I was expecting and genuinely got better with each episode. Some really funny moments playing on the Asian/Muslim elements.

On to She Hulk. Again it’s one that I’m not going into with high expectations.

Edited by desensitized43
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Just finished Ms Marvel tonight. Really enjoyable. Much better than I was expecting and genuinely got better with each episode. Some really funny moments playing on the Asian/Muslim elements.

On to She Hulk. Again it’s one that I’m not going into with high expectations.

Go in expecting the female characters to talk like actual female people and you'll be OK.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

The Mrs talks complete gibberish most of the time so I’m used to it.

Haha. I wasn't meant to sound derogatory. I just feel that She Hulk is often a pretty fair and well-constructed representation of a thirty-something professional woman who gets superpowers presented in a light-hearted superhero sitcom format—something a clutch of the internet seem to have an enormous problem with.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I must be the only one who isn’t excited about Jackson as Logan again. He’s done his part, very well, but it’s been overdone now. This is just because Reynolds and Jackson are mates. Personally I was hoping for a new Wolverine into MCU

I agree 100%. I was looking forwards to a fresh take on the character. Maybe with all the multiverse storylines it'll be a one off, then they can do a new Wolverine, but yeah it hardly feels fresh.

• Like 1

Â