Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

I like Doctor Strange but a lot of people do not, so not surprised to see it not be one for you. It's a little odd in a few ways - it's the first time in a while in the series they go back to a really 'pure' origin story, which are usually pretty weak, and it's the first time they divert off into a different type of power. I can't deny it has one of the weakest villains in the series (they just should have committed to Dormammu being the villain wholesale) and it is one that you kinda have to just 'go' with with the rules it establishes.

How are you watching these by the way? I'm conscious you said you'd be up for a Spider-man film, and you've got one coming up, but it's technically a Sony movie, and isn't on Disney+ as a result, despite being part of the series.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

How are you watching these by the way? I'm conscious you said you'd be up for a Spider-man film, and you've got one coming up, but it's technically a Sony movie, and isn't on Disney+ as a result, despite being part of the series.

I subscribe to a plex server, I also have netflix and disney but these have been watched via a man with a server. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I subscribe to a plex server, I also have netflix and disney but these have been watched via a man with a server. 

Here is something for you to go through after you watched all the movies :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Will do. That and Wandavision. 

This one is a comedy sketch where they poke fun at movies but with a lot of heart. Or rather a series of sketches.

Does contain spoilers so wait until you've seen the movies.

They do the same to a bunch of other movies too in other clips so it's not only Marvel that gets roasted. Some of it is really fun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Doctor Strange today. By a considerable margin the worst in the series for me. A real chore to watch and was just focused on getting to the end. Rachel McAdams makes nay film great but even with her in it, it wasnt enough. Wrong to say I hated it, but it comes close. 
The whole premise wasnt for me. I liked Doctor Strange but the whole distortion of time and space thing just irritated me and aside from a small reference to Avengers, Thor and Infinity stone it never seemed part of the series. 

I agree with this. Beside the uninteresting story, I think Cumberbatch's accent is a bit awkward and that the costume looks pretty bad in live action. I don't buy him as Strange and as a consequence I don't really like Strange as a character.

I can't remember precisely but I think you only have one stinker left in Captain Marvel. It's like the writers didn't try very hard in that film. 

As for Wandavision, it is so surprisingly good. It's one of the best pure-entertainment-but-still-quality TV shows I've seen in ages. Everything works in it for me and the longer structure is really allowing them to experiment.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Great episode of WandaVision

Spoiler

So we can be pretty sure that Wanda is going to be creating mutants as speculated.

I'm interested in where this ultimately goes, as you can quite easily produce a completely shite outcome from all this, but I'm particularly interested in what they ultimately reveal caused this. There's a (potentially brilliant) story to be told of Wanda's grief making her do something so wrong, but I'm hopeful there's something else manipulating that grief behind the scenes.

Really good episode all in all though. From the costume references to the pretty good take on a 90s sitcom, all good. 

And I really like Visions arc here, particularly how they manage to frame him as... well, heroic. The shots of him in the air and then breaking the barrier were very much in the classic Superman 'embodiment of the hero' imagery canon, which is unusual for Vision, but worked brilliantly.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I thought I did well. I thought I spotted a super obvious plot hole. The fact only an episode or so ago vision realises there’s no other children in Westview then lo and behold there’s a heap of children in this episode. Wanda is one powerful MF! Costume reference was great... even Quicksilver!

Still slightly confused though... is Quicksilver created or is it really him? He was questioning Wanda about how she was doing everything, Vision can’t die a second time etc etc. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 20:51, MCU said:
  Hide contents

I thought I did well. I thought I spotted a super obvious plot hole. The fact only an episode or so ago vision realises there’s no other children in Westview then lo and behold there’s a heap of children in this episode. Wanda is one powerful MF! Costume reference was great... even Quicksilver!

Still slightly confused though... is Quicksilver created or is it really him? He was questioning Wanda about how she was doing everything, Vision can’t die a second time etc etc. 

Spoiler

The no kids fight now loads of kids thing is a really nice clever touch 

The Halloween old costume tie in too

Still not sold on it, at least they've moved away from the 50s, it gets better every week but for me it's about a 7/10

Ill end up watching all of their disney+ stuff, with the thor science girl the Asian fbi guy the black girl from Ms marvel (I've had a beer...) I'm interested to see if they do something between streaming and the cinema that can revolutionise media, I feel like they're big and powerful enough

On 12/02/2021 at 19:51, MCU said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Personally don’t think it is Quicksilver, when questioned by Wanda he doesn’t know the answers. Someone has planted him there to gather info on Wanda.

For me it gets better every episode, and they do that thing of you wanting more when the episode ends. 
Would love a spin off of Kat Jennings, Monica and Will.

On 07/02/2021 at 21:38, villa4europe said:

In to the spiderverse

Stunning film, don't be put off by it being animation, or spiderman, or sitting outside of the MCU stuff, it's arguably the best superhero film of the lot 

An amazing film full stop . It looks incredible .

• Like 1

Â